Aldeer.com

No opinions just facts!

Posted By: red neck richie

No opinions just facts! - 03/22/19 01:14 AM

Is it legal to kill hogs with FMJ rounds? Hogs are considered an invasive species and not a game species. So can you legally take them with a 223/556 with fmj rounds?
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/22/19 01:36 AM

In Alabama hogs are a game animal unless they changed it this year.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/22/19 01:44 AM

Yep game animal..but why would that have any effect on if you can take them with a FMJ?

(6) BOBCAT, GROUNDHOG, UNPROTECTED WILDLIFE, FOX,
COYOTE & FERAL SWINE:
• Rifles of any caliber.
• Handguns or pistols.
• Shotguns, 10 gauge or smaller.
• Long bows, compound bows, or crossbows.
• Muzzleloaders and black powder handguns of any caliber.
• Spear or sharpened blade.
• Raptors by properly permitted falconers
Posted By: Driveby

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/22/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave

(6) BOBCAT, GROUNDHOG, UNPROTECTED WILDLIFE, FOX,
COYOTE & FERAL SWINE:
• Rifles of any caliber.
• Handguns or pistols.
• Shotguns, 10 gauge or smaller.
• Long bows, compound bows, or crossbows.
• Muzzleloaders and black powder handguns of any caliber.
• Spear or sharpened blade.
• Raptors by properly permitted falconers

Now that's what I want to see.......a pig hawk.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/28/19 04:18 PM

Borrowed a buddies gun once and he had FMJ. Shot a hog 3 times in the head and he kept coming. Never again. I want a bullet that leaves a big hole on exit. Them Jokers are mean.
Posted By: BC

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/28/19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
Borrowed a buddies gun once and he had FMJ. Shot a hog 3 times in the head and he kept coming. Never again. I want a bullet that leaves a big hole on exit. Them Jokers are mean.

I shot one in the face with TWO loads of TSS at 8 feet a couple years ago and it just shook it's head and veered off to the left and went on about it's business.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/28/19 07:26 PM

Shotguns are not ideal for shooting hogs unless you don’t care if you recover the hogs. It will kill them but they don’t leave a good blood trail. As far as rifles go a good headshot with anything from a .22 rifle up will drop them.

Shot placement is key on a hog head when using small calibers or non expanding bullets. From the eye forward and from a little below the eye down is gonna be a long slow death. I personally try to ear hole them
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: No opinions just facts! - 03/29/19 11:52 AM

Earhole is what I told my boys growing up...So they said just like when Luke put that shot down the air vent in Star Wars? Yep! Exactly!
The youngest one probly killed 10 with his little Henry bolt action Single shot .22...DRT! It ain't the size of the arrow...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM