Aldeer.com

Hogs in Nauvoo

Posted By: eclipse829

Hogs in Nauvoo - 03/11/19 01:12 AM

I've seen several hogs in the big mowed field on the left hand side of #5 highway between Lynn and Nauvoo in the past couple of weeks. Started seeing them after the big rains and Blackwater creek was blown out of it's banks. They may be someone's hogs that swam over their fence? Sure look to be wild hogs from the road.
Posted By: Driveby

Re: Hogs in Nauvoo - 03/11/19 02:01 AM

Co-worker has seen them a couple times. I'm thinking they are "escapees".
Posted By: doghouse

Re: Hogs in Nauvoo - 03/11/19 12:01 PM

I hunt close to that area, as the crow flies. Afraid they are wild hogs. As of 2017 we had zero hogs on camera. Now we have several pics from different areas of the club with pics up to 20 pigs at a time. Some of us started hunting them when deer season went out and managed to shoot a few. We’re in the process of looking at traps now because it seems only hunting them isn’t going to curb the population.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Hogs in Nauvoo - 03/13/19 01:23 AM

REALLY?!?! I have 70 acres and extended family land on the S side of hiway 5. All forest, so no real damage they could do. But if they are in there, that would be great for me!
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Hogs in Nauvoo - 03/15/19 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by doghouse
I hunt close to that area, as the crow flies. Afraid they are wild hogs. As of 2017 we had zero hogs on camera. Now we have several pics from different areas of the club with pics up to 20 pigs at a time. Some of us started hunting them when deer season went out and managed to shoot a few. We’re in the process of looking at traps now because it seems only hunting them isn’t going to curb the population.

Look no further than calling elkhunter and let him hook you up with a jager pro
© 2024 ALDEER.COM