Aldeer.com

Hog calling?

Posted By: Powpow65

Hog calling? - 01/10/19 04:01 AM

Found a spot to hunt some hogs this year, but I have zero hog hunting experience. I just shoot what comes along while.deer hunting. Do y'all.have any success with calls?
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Hog calling? - 01/10/19 06:27 AM

Corn will call them in. Lol
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Hog calling? - 01/10/19 08:49 PM

Yes Sir, look in this other thread.

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2672646&page=1

What I’ve learned about running the calls is most times it works better once you lay eyes on or know the hogs are creeping around. If you are after any kinda pig then “Squealer” and “Sow Hysteria” works well. You can also use your deer grunt call to sound like a pig enough for them to drop their gaurd.

Any given technique might work at any given time, its kinda random until you get good at it.

If I had to pick one technique that has a fairly high sucess rate is setup in a tree off a trail and put a hand full of corn next to the trail, and let stealth be your asset. Any noise you make, cover it with your pig sound. Pigs sniff, sneeze, cough, and such just like you do, cept they make pig sounds too.

Skunk scent is a dang good cover. You can play the wind to what you think the advantage is but I really don’t find wind that important as they come from all directions.

The hog’s greatest weakness is using the same trails. Sitting off a crossroad intersection of trails is even better.

Mature Boars are a whole nuther animal. If you do any of the funky boar techniques I use like woman pee, sow in heat, or panties, I suggest you be off the ground and don’t put this stuff next to you.

I really discourage a feeder and especially going off close to dark. You want them to see the bait as opportunistic not always there so they can hit it in the dark, unless you are hunting at night. I think a hanging feeder masked by canopy set to go off early am is better. They’ll hit it first thing or maybe come in early after smelling it all day.

If you have limited land to hunt on, I suggest you leave a tshirt with your scent on it close to the food until your scent no longer bothers them.

Don’t over hunt the spot.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Hog calling? - 01/11/19 12:06 PM

Thanks Loco. Is there a certain kind of panties you like to wear while hunting boars? Didn't know if thongs may have a better success rate than granny panties etc.

Re: Hog calling? - 01/11/19 01:16 PM

Well, panties from the ovulation time frame of a woman but wear them I wouldn’t.

That would be a bad idea.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Hog calling? - 01/11/19 02:32 PM

If you are stalking them and shoot one you can use a hog grunt call the to call back the other hogs if there are any. I have call up to 5 back in, every time I would kill one I grunt and more would come back. I have done this on several stalks. This was something I learned from Barry.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Hog calling? - 01/11/19 03:24 PM

I just always yell SOOOWEEEE PIG PIG PIG a time ot two and they come running!
Posted By: Geezer

Re: Hog calling? - 01/13/19 02:00 PM

My Granddad used to call his pigs Here piggy piggy and they would come running 🤣🤣
Posted By: hallb

Re: Hog calling? - 01/14/19 12:44 AM

Do you think you could do an instructional video for us?

Re: Hog calling? - 01/14/19 02:07 AM

Called these up today:

Bunch of cute piglets, I stopped counting at 27 piglets and maybe 5 sows scattered all over.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Hog calling? - 01/14/19 03:05 AM

Cool
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hog calling? - 01/14/19 09:26 PM

I purchased one of those calls (The Bullet). It broke the first time I took it out. I sent it back. They fixed it real quick and sent it back. I have tried it several times day and night. No luck. It sounds dang good. I have no doubt it works in Texas. Just no luck here yet.

I have lots of luck just using a hog grunt call. It works the best when you kill a big sow with little ones. You can call the little ones back up real easy. Now hitting them is a different story! LOL

Re: Hog calling? - 01/15/19 12:21 AM

I’m kinda low drag, most times I just use a deer grunt like a pig (if) I see them, otherwise I just sit still.

I’ll entertain myself and experiment depending on how far I have to hoof it, the weather, or my mood.

Most times, I just setup off the trail and toss a handful of corn hoping they will stop for a second. I’ve watched hogs walk right over the food on many occassions. They eat when they get ready to eat I guess.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Hog calling? - 01/28/19 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by M48scout
Cool

Loco was you wearing women’s thong when you called all them in.

Re: Hog calling? - 01/29/19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Reloader79
Cool

No Sir, but I had one in a zip-loc bag from an ovulating female.
Posted By: lances

Re: Hog calling? - 01/30/19 09:47 PM

Shoo 5 minutes of reading the AL hog hunting forum it’s staaannkkkyyy business right there lmao

Re: Hog calling? - 01/31/19 12:53 AM

Just be very still and keep your gun ready
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: Hog calling? - 02/20/19 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by Reloader79
Cool

No Sir, but I had one in a zip-loc bag from an ovulating female.

Strayed over to the wild hog forum, think I better mosey back over to turkey and deer.
Posted By: lances

Re: Hog calling? - 02/26/19 10:53 PM

Lmao me too

Re: Hog calling? - 02/27/19 05:42 AM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM