Aldeer.com

Hog huntin

Posted By: KyBowhunter64

Hog huntin - 10/24/18 05:41 AM

Hows everyone doing? Im new to AL deer forums, only been apart of the group for 3-4 weeks. My dad an I have been talkin about wanting to possibly go on a weekend hog hunt. We live in Kentucky an we hadnt ever done any hog hunting. The question im wanting to ask is whats the chances of my pops an I finding a farmer or someone that owns land allowin us to hog hunt for a weekend? Me an him has never done any type of hunting in a different state an we've never done a father/son weekend hunt. I mean we've hunted together here but im meaning a father son weekend trip. Im wanting to take him on some kind of hunt to show a tiny bit of appreciation for all that hes done fir me over the years, an for introducing me into the hunting world when i was a kid. I appreciate it fellas! Best of luck to everyone this fall!
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hog huntin - 10/24/18 06:24 AM

Most of the farmers around here with hog problems have resorted to trapping or hunting with dogs. Stalk hunting is just not an efficient method of hog control and you have to go after them aggressively in order to have any chance of curbing the invasion.

But if you want to enjoy a good weekend, and have real good chance to bag a few hogs, contact Rex Pritchett at Great Southern Outdoors. I personally know Rex and his family. They have thousands of acres, a wide variety of habits, including row crops, and first class accommodations.

www.greatsouthernoutdoors.com
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Hog huntin - 10/24/18 01:00 PM

Also you can get in touch with Barry (elkhunter) on here he runs a hunting operation. Alabama Hog Control at top of page.
Posted By: KyBowhunter64

Re: Hog huntin - 10/26/18 06:41 AM

Thanks fellas
© 2024 ALDEER.COM