Aldeer.com

Can I hunt hogs over corn?

Posted By: Archery_Fanatic

Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/06/18 02:47 AM

I've done some looking, and I've seen wording that says I may need to obtain a permit. Does anyone know if it is legal to hunt hogs in the summer over corn? Thanks
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/06/18 03:29 AM

Permit is needed but easy to get if you have a problem.
Posted By: blade

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/06/18 05:33 PM

Our club has a permit that allows us to hunt over bait and at night through the end of August.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/06/18 07:07 PM

Apparently 90% of the population hunts deer over corn and never worries about the law.
So why worry about it for hogs?
Posted By: Archery_Fanatic

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/09/18 03:11 AM

I'm just surprised you can trap hogs using bait and corn with no permit. But you need a permit to hunt free ranging hogs over corn. I guess it's the concept you could kill deer over that corn and say it was for hogs
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/09/18 12:36 PM

You have as much of a chance of getting struck by lightning and bit by a shark in the same year as you do of getting a ticket for hunting hogs over bait on private property in the summer time. Lol

No it’s not legal but I highly doubt you will get checked by a game warden unless someone reports you and if you do get checked it’s an even slimmer chance of getting a ticket for it.
Posted By: James

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/09/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BayedUp

And if you do get checked it’s an even slimmer chance of getting a ticket for it.

Lol....
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/09/18 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by BayedUp

And if you do get checked it’s an even slimmer chance of getting a ticket for it.

Lol....

Man it’s true just read on here. Hog’s are a really big problem so I couldn’t imagine anyone getting a ticket for hunting them over bait. It’s not like the state is trying to protect them by labeling them a game animal!
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/10/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Out back
Apparently 90% of the population hunts deer over corn and never worries about the law.
So why worry about it for hogs?

^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Can I hunt hogs over corn? - 08/18/18 04:51 AM

Here you go, don’t laugh...

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Hog-Bom...ative=165953&creativeASIN=B001F0GIZA

https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Belly-...&keywords=jelly+beans+popcorn+flavor

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM