Aldeer.com

Back in business!!!

Posted By: BayedUp

Back in business!!! - 06/17/18 12:47 AM

Since Buck died a friend of mine offered to sell me one of his bulldogs. He use to use him as a catch dog but hasn’t hunted him in a couple years. He caught 3 out of the 5 this morning. He definitely hasn’t forgotten what his job is. We are gonna have to do a little training on loading up and being quite on the dog box but other than those miner flaws I am pleased with the old boy!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/17/18 02:26 AM

I think the pigs you catch are purtier than those that Danny gets..........You picked that little one before he got ripe tho..... grin

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/17/18 10:30 PM

Lol the hogs Mr. Danny hunts live a very stressful life. They have to worry about them high powered spotted dogs he has. The hogs I hunt only have to worry if they are dumb and to crippled to out run my low powered mutts.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/18/18 05:50 PM

I would love to watch your dogs in action.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/18/18 06:03 PM

Bayed,
Are you running a vest on those dogs?

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/18/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by abolt300
Bayed,

I don’t....

In my opinion more catch dogs wearing a vest die or get injured due to heat in south Alabama than by not wearing one. I use to never hunt with out a vest on my catch dogs but I started having issues with over heating and almost lost Buck to drowning twice when his vest filled with water.

The vest is great in the winter time and when you are not hunting in the river swamp and backwater but I have weighed my options and decided it’s safer this time of year to not run one.

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/18/18 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler
I would love to watch your dogs in action.

Send me a pm with your information and where you are located and I will see if I can lineup a hunt. I work a crazy schedule and don’t have much notice of when I will be of to go but maybe we can work something out.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/18/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BayedUp
Originally Posted by abolt300
Bayed,

I don’t....

In my opinion more catch dogs wearing a vest die or get injured due to heat in south Alabama than by not wearing one. I use to never hunt with out a vest on my catch dogs but I started having issues with over heating and almost lost Buck to drowning twice when his vest filled with water.

The vest is great in the winter time and when you are not hunting in the river swamp and backwater but I have weighed my options and decided it’s safer this time of year to not run one.

10-4. I'd seen some previous pics you'd posted, some with and some without the vest and figured there was some reason. Was interested to hear your rationale on it. Makes sense. I knew about the heat but hadnt thought about the extra weight when it gets water logged.

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/19/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
I think the pigs you catch are purtier than those that Danny gets..........You picked that little one before he got ripe tho..... grin

If it wasn’t for Alabama’s Laws that little fella would have been my daughters pet until he got big enough to go on a grill or smoker but instead he bacame a snack for a hungry coyote or buzzard.

I wish Alabama would do a transport permit system or buying stations especially during the summer months. A lot of good meat goes to waste this time of the year.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/19/18 05:29 PM

Don't you know that dog will rip your face off when he snaps?

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/19/18 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991
Don't you know that dog will rip your face off when he snaps?

Lol yes sir I had him snapped on back of the truck the day I went and picked him up and I got a lecture from a mid 40’s aged women about how vicious of an animal he was and that he shouldn’t be a pet. I told her he wasn’t a pet and I was taking him to be euthanized. She almost started crying then. Lol
Posted By: k bush

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/19/18 06:42 PM

LOL
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/21/18 11:38 AM

I'd say he is doing a heck of a job. How big of a dog is is he? looks like an eli .It makes sense to not use a vest this time of year. last summer a Buddy of bully slipped off from camp one day and overheated. found him dead in a mud hole .
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/21/18 02:22 PM

We cant hardly even use a black bulldog down here its so hot.

when you said he caught 3 out of 5, did yall use another bulldog for the other two?

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/21/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
We cant hardly even use a black bulldog down here its so hot.

when you said he caught 3 out of 5, did yall use another bulldog for the other two?

No sir. The two smallest pigs were caught by the bay dogs.

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/21/18 04:50 PM

cool. I like a gritty bay dog

Re: Back in business!!! - 06/22/18 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I'd say he is doing a heck of a job. How big of a dog is is he? looks like an eli .It makes sense to not use a vest this time of year. last summer a Buddy of bully slipped off from camp one day and overheated. found him dead in a mud hole .

My buddy tried to give me a 6 month old budreaux Eli puppy the other week. Took all I could do not to take it. If the runt woulda been a jip, I probably would have.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM