Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/24/18 07:36 AM

Looks like an invasion.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/24/18 12:25 PM

Bacon baby.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/24/18 02:27 PM

My condolences. Just keep them down there.I think all the moisture has them roaming. I saw a few small roots last trip where I have not seen anything in a long time. Luckily my neighbor feeds year round and has several food plots with lots of Nutsedge, so they like his place better.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/24/18 06:53 PM

Time to buy a trap from elkhunter. My place looked worse than that last year. Now only 2 hogs on the whole 1200 acres currently. 68 have died in his traps in the past 6 months
Posted By: Highlander

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/25/18 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by LIOJeff
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have Rifle and will be willing to travel to dispose of them.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/25/18 01:13 AM

Those are some healthy lookin pigs. Clean and neat too lol
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/25/18 02:51 PM

Gosh I wish we had them like that. Thats awesome.... I aint joking you lucky dude.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/25/18 04:16 PM

Not really, I think I even like bacon better than venison.
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/25/18 09:16 PM

Elkhunter could take care of those pigs in no time.

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/26/18 03:53 AM

I had rather shoot a hog any day of the week unless it's old bull winkles uncle!
Posted By: Out back

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/27/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by jallencrockett
Gosh I wish we had them like that. Thats awesome.... I aint joking you lucky dude.

No you don't.
That's an indication of a problem nobody wants.
I've tried to help a few folks, with hog control, around montgomery, butler and lowndes County.
Trapping, hunting, even with dogs, they seem to keep on winning the battle.
Crop damage is unbelievable. Eventually they run off deer and other game because they eat absolutely everything.

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/28/18 12:22 AM

I know i have seen areas where it looked like a garden tiller worked it. I love hunting them but i wouldnt want them on my land. Massive damage. I have walked within feet of hogs bedded down and never knew it til they decided to jump.

I took 2 buddies hunting hogs once. We walked a few miles deep. Stopped to take a break. We stood talking for 3 minutes. Talking at normal sound. Buddy yells hog, hog! I spun around and seen a huge hog standing there stretching his back arched over then ran. He had been layin there 30 yards behind me the whole time. He was so bold that apperently he got up and stretched real good before he ran off. We were on public land and could only use 22 rifles. We all 3 fired several shots each. Never saw blood or that hog again. I bet it weighed 250 pounds. It was a big one.

I have had a group of around 25 trotting straight at me and dont think they even saw me. Im walking north and heard leaves. I stop and listened. Seen them crest the hill comin at me about 75 yards away. Had about 20 piglets and 5 big ones. I started trying to cut them down but only found one and another ran off a 75ft bluff. I never found that one.

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 05/28/18 12:57 AM

Ask doekiller what happens when you carry a Thompson Contender and get charged by a 250# boar you only wounded with that one shot. smile
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/07/18 11:46 PM

Outback thats where we disagree. We have had hogs on our place in bullock county for 30 years. Love them. Zero negative effects. Our habitat is world class for deer. Hogs come and go. Sometimes thick other times not many. They are an awesome game animal. With all of the springs on our property the pigs taste milder then store bought pork.
Posted By: hunting13

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/08/18 12:54 PM

Outback thats where we disagree. We have had hogs on our place in bullock county for 30 years. Love them. Zero negative effects. Our habitat is world class for deer. Hogs come and go. Sometimes thick other times not many. They are an awesome game animal. With all of the springs on our property the pigs taste milder then store bought pork.

Lord Amighty
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/09/18 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I know i have seen areas where it looked like a garden tiller worked it. I love hunting them but i wouldnt want them on my land. Massive damage. I have walked within feet of hogs bedded down and never knew it til they decided to jump.

I took 2 buddies hunting hogs once. We walked a few miles deep. Stopped to take a break. We stood talking for 3 minutes. Talking at normal sound. Buddy yells hog, hog! I spun around and seen a huge hog standing there stretching his back arched over then ran. He had been layin there 30 yards behind me the whole time. He was so bold that apperently he got up and stretched real good before he ran off. We were on public land and could only use 22 rifles. We all 3 fired several shots each. Never saw blood or that hog again. I bet it weighed 250 pounds. It was a big one.

I have had a group of around 25 trotting straight at me and dont think they even saw me. Im walking north and heard leaves. I stop and listened. Seen them crest the hill comin at me about 75 yards away. Had about 20 piglets and 5 big ones. I started trying to cut them down but only found one and another ran off a 75ft bluff. I never found that one.

I go into Mulberry WMA when skwerl season comes in and I carry a 17 wsm which is a rimfire and it'll put hogs down quick

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/09/18 07:06 PM

There's always exceptions. Sometimes, things in nature are just inexplicable.
But I can assure you that the vast majority of properties with a large hog population are being destroyed. Hogs are nuisance animals, in most cases damaging crops and natural habitat.

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/10/18 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake

I go into Mulberry WMA when skwerl season comes in and I carry a 17 wsm which is a rimfire and it'll put hogs down quick

Yeah i dont hunt them with a 22 really. My city buddies were dying to go and all we had were 22 rifles. It was squirrel season. I been meaning to buy a .17wsm i just aint had the time to make it happen nor the funds. Im gonna have to sell some guns before i buy anymore. Or my wife will flip out. I have pushed that far enough. She thinks i can use one gun for anything
Posted By: rtillery

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/11/18 11:38 PM

how can i contact elkhunter for our pig problem
Posted By: rtillery

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/12/18 12:08 AM

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/12/18 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by rtillery

Send him a private message on here. I hear he is the man
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/12/18 04:13 AM

Is this Roy Tillery?
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/12/18 01:02 PM

Haven't heard that name in a long while.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/13/18 01:09 PM

Call him at 334-301-0179. He may be sleeping right now because he has become nocturnal but if he doesn’t answer leave a message.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Our sad Barbour Co situation - 06/25/18 05:44 PM

Kill them all!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM