Aldeer.com

Quick trip

Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Quick trip - 04/08/18 11:38 PM

Went up to camp on Thursday to get my jeep and tow it home. Decided to stay an extra and try and locate some pigs on friday to take home some meat. Wasn't driving around the property for more than 10 minutes when a sounder crossed the road in front of me and into the bottom that was next to me. I instantly jumped out and sprinted atop the hillside I was on that ran parallel to the bottom to see if I could cut them off. Ran about 100 yards before I stopped to look over the hill into the bottom and didn't see anything or hear them. Was about to head back to the jeep when I spotted one of them looking directly up at me with that nervous pig look about 50 yards away. I settled the red dot on him and double tapped and he went down. Pigs were running every which way and I just kept firing. Fortunately,for me,the pigs decided to run up the hill directly at me. Ended up firing 26 rounds and locating 7 pigs. I was one happy camper grin. Had a ball and went home with a cooler full of meat!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Driveby

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 12:47 AM

Awesome! What caliber are you shooting.

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Driveby
Awesome! What caliber are you shooting.

5.56/223
Posted By: jb20

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 01:00 AM

I bet that was fun!

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
I bet that was fun!

It was awesome. Most fun ive had yet messing with them things!!
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 01:54 AM

That's some fine shooting. The fun wears off fast when you kill that many at one time. Lots of skinning and butchering.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 02:02 AM

What county is that in? I know sooner or later we will have them, but I hope it is later.

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
What county is that in? I know sooner or later we will have them, but I hope it is later.

North barbour. We've been on the same property for going on 30 years now and the hogs only showed up about 5 years ago. Got 1 single trailcam pic of 1,and now they're all over. Alabama hog control actually did a thermal hunt on our neighboring property and ours 2 nights earlier and wound up with 18 in the truck, but I imagine they hit a few others too. We've been steadily working on them,but I have a bad feeling were too far behind the 8 ball on them now. What we're killing is probably just keeping the population at bay and not totally getting rid of them.

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991
That's some fine shooting. The fun wears off fast when you kill that many at one time. Lots of skinning and butchering.

"*and dragging"...
But it's all worth it when you bite into it after sitting in the crockpot all day. Zero fat,100% organic. Doesn't get any better
[Linked Image]

Wild pork tacos:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Backwoods_Tech

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 05:17 PM

Man that looks good thumbup
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Quick trip - 04/09/18 05:59 PM

Dude that's some fine eating.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Quick trip - 04/10/18 02:58 AM

What time you want us over?
Posted By: albowhntr

Re: Quick trip - 04/11/18 10:09 AM

thumbup
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Quick trip - 04/11/18 10:15 PM

This is why you need an extended round mag. Good job.
Posted By: James

Re: Quick trip - 04/12/18 02:00 AM

thumbup thumbup
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Quick trip - 04/14/18 05:59 PM

Good job. Got some good eaters there.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM