Aldeer.com

Acorn time

Posted By: ElkHunter

Acorn time - 11/21/17 09:10 AM

With the exception of Ben2's plots it looks like the pigs are hammering the acorns right now. Won't be long and the acorns will play out. Trapping will then catch on fire for about 4 months while food is scarce.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Acorn time - 11/21/17 01:46 PM

I think the deer are doing the same thing. Not seeing much daytime activity on the plots
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Acorn time - 11/21/17 07:48 PM

Thats what i wait on.
..acorns to run out then i start pig hunting. My best luck is end of December until end of april. On public land
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Acorn time - 11/27/17 09:28 AM

I have tons of overcup acorns and nothing but squirrels eating them. Not sure what happened to the pigs. Have only found one group to hunt and they are hard to find. I've walked 12 miles this weekend looking for them with no luck. Next week I'm taking a judo point so I can at least bag a limit of squirrels with my bow as I tip along.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Acorn time - 11/27/17 03:02 PM

I hunted hogs all weekend during the day. I could hear them fighting all over the place. Couldn't ever find any to get a shot at.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Acorn time - 11/27/17 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I hunted hogs all weekend during the day. I could hear them fighting all over the place. Couldn't ever find any to get a shot at.

Thursday afternoon I bet we heard 5 sounder so around us at our place. And it's only 280 acres. It is literally infested with hogs...and deer so we're dealing with until after deer season then gonna build a trap.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM