Aldeer.com

Hog Help

Posted By: Ben2

Hog Help - 11/19/17 10:25 PM

For those of you that trap hogs here is a question. We have field A and B and C. There are 20 adults and several juveniles in field A and B. They literally have destroyed our A field completely today and have started on field B. Field C has a jager pro trap purchased from Elk Hunter with a timer feeder and corn in the trap. Field A and B and C are all about 500 yrs from one another in a triangle with c being the top A and B being the bottom. No sign of the pigs in field C should I move the trap to field A or B or a location between A and B? Or should I keep trap in field C and hope they move to it after they completely destroy field A and B?
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hog Help - 11/20/17 04:58 PM

Great talking to you this morning. Hope we got it planned out! Will be waiting on the call!

Re: Hog Help - 11/20/17 08:48 PM

Thanks Barry!. It looks like possibly 28 adults in my most recent pics. Gonna be ready to move the trap Wednesday if they feed there again tomorrow and hopefully they will cooperate. Getting them gone would help a lot they have ruined 2 fields and run the deer out of the area.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Hog Help - 11/21/17 08:55 AM

UGH!

Hope you catch all of those destructive things.

Keep us updated.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Hog Help - 11/21/17 08:32 PM

7 piglets in tonight's pics along with 22-25 adults. Trap is being moved to them tomorrow and hopefully kill pics for thanksgiving! If anyone wants some pigs let me know.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Hog Help - 11/22/17 09:01 AM

thumbup
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Hog Help - 11/22/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
7 piglets in tonight's pics along with 22-25 adults. Trap is being moved to them tomorrow and hopefully kill pics for thanksgiving! If anyone wants some pigs let me know.

Man...hit me up when I'm home and I'll take 'em off your hands for you!
Posted By: tombo51

Re: Hog Help - 11/22/17 10:04 PM

I Might take some off your hands let us know

Re: Hog Help - 11/23/17 07:41 PM

The pigs have not shown up the past two nights since the trap was moved. Will keep updating

Re: Hog Help - 11/25/17 08:19 AM

Pigs showed up yesterday. They have now split into 2 groups. I saw around 50 pigs on field B yesterday. And each of them fed in both field B and A. The largest group 25-30 did not enter trap on filed A. A group of 18 stayed on A longer and all but 3 of the group entered the trap and fed for an hour. Hoping to catch all of them somehow.

Re: Hog Help - 11/26/17 02:11 PM

Had 24 in trap yesterday but another group of 11 ran em off. Headed down now planning to drop the gate on either group today if they show up. If you want any and can meet tonight between heiberger and Pelham text me 2056669691

Re: Hog Help - 11/26/17 08:19 PM

28 of 32 went in trap today at 415 then they spooked and left.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hog Help - 11/26/17 08:41 PM

That's a lot of pigs.

Re: Hog Help - 11/26/17 11:16 PM

Turns out there were 3 more babies than I thought 31 of 35 were in the trap before they spooked
Posted By: Mtn_Hunter

Re: Hog Help - 11/26/17 11:42 PM

I've got access to some thermals and NVG type stuff if you want to give that a whirl on the fields the trap isn't set-up on. I'm not too far from you either. If interested shoot me a PM
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hog Help - 11/27/17 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mtn_Hunter
I've got access to some thermals and NVG type stuff if you want to give that a whirl on the fields the trap isn't set-up on. I'm not too far from you either. If interested shoot me a PM

That is illegal until February
Posted By: Mtn_Hunter

Re: Hog Help - 11/27/17 09:36 AM

Thanks, I just moved here and am not familiar as I haven’t looked into hog hunting here yet. Figured I’d throw it out there if it was an option.

I know in other areas of the country it is illegal to hunt at night during deer season but if the destruction/damage is above a certain amount you can meet with DEM and they’ll inspect and issue special permits legalizing it for a few weeks. Not sure Alabama does this but for a farmer who’s crops/fields are his livelihood it might be something to inquire about.

Re: Hog Help - 11/27/17 03:01 PM

I wish they would!

Re: Hog Help - 11/27/17 08:13 PM

Had all 40ish pigs in the trap tonight and the battery on my gate is evidently dead. Frustrated but gonna get it replaced and hope for a hog killing tomorrow night
Posted By: cmontgomery

Re: Hog Help - 11/28/17 08:37 PM

How long does the battery on the gate usually last? I'm looking at getting one of these systems myself.

Re: Hog Help - 11/28/17 11:46 PM

My charger was bad. Got a new charger charged battery and caught 38 tonight!

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 12:03 AM

Got to say Thank You to Elkhunter. He helped me out big time from selling me all the right equipment to talking me through what to do (mainly be patient and relax) as I went through the process of setting up the trap and catching my first group of pigs. He has been a wealth of knowledge a d helped me a bunch! Call him if you need a hog trap!
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 07:45 PM

38 is a load! Have any pics of them in the trap? What diameter trap was required to get that many to enter and stay in one spot long enough to drop the gate?

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 07:48 PM

It was one our standard size traps. 8 ft gate with 6 16 ft by 60 inch tall panels.

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
It was one our standard size traps. 8 ft gate with 6 16 ft by 60 inch tall panels.

What Barry said ^^^^^

Had 49 in it the night before but had a bad gate battery due to my broken charger and could not drop. Hope to get the other 11 soon. Pics in next post

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 08:16 PM

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0Xv4kHF

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/OIKqF37

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/4MdlWGU
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Hog Help - 11/29/17 08:22 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Willyb

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 06:20 PM

Man that’s awesome! I know that’s a good feeling to get rid of those things. Good job. Hate to tell ya though but before long you’ll be right back at square one again with them. Keep up the good fight
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 07:34 PM

WOOEEE!

That is sho nuff some hams there!

Congrats on the catch!

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 09:35 PM

What a catch! It must have been crazy to walk up on that many hogs in one spot.
Posted By: Solo

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 09:48 PM

Tried looking at the pics but got an error that they couldn’t be found?

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Solo
Tried looking at the pics but got an error that they couldn’t be found?

Not sure why they still there. Text me at 2055669691 and I will text u the pics if you like.

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: M48scout

Not really they were calm and stayed in the back of the cage kind of huddled up

Re: Hog Help - 11/30/17 10:50 PM

Did they stay still while you shot them, or did they go bonkers ? I’ve never had anything to do with killing them in a trap. Probably gives new meaning to the phrase “work begins when you pull the trigger”.

Re: Hog Help - 12/01/17 08:42 AM

Did they stay still while you shot them, or did they go bonkers ? I’ve never had anything to do with killing them in a trap. Probably gives new meaning to the phrase “work begins when you pull the trigger”.

Most of them stayed calm. One or two hit the gate or bit the fence

Re: Hog Help - 12/01/17 08:43 AM

And yes work begins when you drop the gate

Re: Hog Help - 12/01/17 09:16 AM

They act much more aggressive when you remove them during daylight. Big difference than how they act at night.
Posted By: BobK

Re: Hog Help - 12/03/17 09:18 AM

beers
© 2024 ALDEER.COM