Aldeer.com

DAMN HOGS!!!

Posted By: muzziehead

DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 08:49 AM

I have been trying to trap as many of the forest rats that I could before we planted. Decided to move a camera back further in the swamp on our property and sure enough they are still here and growing. I just glad that I decided to plant cheap on this end of the tract because I know it is just a matter of time before they start their destroying the plots again.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/dgQJQ8Q.mp4[/img]
Posted By: Geno

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 08:54 AM

Do any good with the traps?

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 08:56 AM

I have probably caught about 18 over the past year, but this year it has been just one at a time, usually a boar hog.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 10:13 AM

They have destroyed several of our plots that we just planted!!

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 01:13 PM

You're missing the sounders. Using a big round trap made out of cattle panels?

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 01:47 PM

I have big round trap with panels but the sounder are all staying in the swamp. They will eventually make them way to our plots and hopefully venture inside the trsp

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 03:18 PM

Damn hogs. I would say for a small fee I can pound the crap out of them for you but we all know how that goes.

Figure out where they are in the swamp and set up some bait and those green solar charged walkway lights you can buy at lowe's, etc. Set downwind of them and blast the crap out of them with your deer rifle at night. They get used to those lights in a day or two and you don't need night vision or thermals.

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 04:25 PM

I hear you Geno. Problem is I have 12 guys paying me over $2200 a year, and I can’t get any of them to hunt them except during deer season. May need to require each member kills 4 hogs in the off season before they can hunt deer.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 09:50 PM

Where you located at? If you're interested in catching some of the ones that won't go in the traps get up with me during the off season and we will catch some with dogs if you have enough land
Posted By: Clem

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/13/17 11:46 PM

I can't imagine paying that much to hunt somewhere and not hunting everything I could. Hogs, deer, turkeys, squatches, whatever.
Posted By: James

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/14/17 01:55 AM

Have gun will travel grin
Posted By: 30_06gang

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/23/17 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: James
Have gun will travel grin

This
Posted By: Remington270

Re: DAMN HOGS!!! - 10/24/17 10:24 AM

It would be easy to get people to come shoot hogs in the off season, but trapping is probably a lot more effective.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM