Aldeer.com

Pitter patter of little feet

Posted By: ElkHunter

Pitter patter of little feet - 08/17/17 08:37 AM

Based on 5 years of recording every kill by date sex and maturity, I have noticed a trend. August seems to be the month we kill a lot of single boars. No big deal here with the boars but the lack of sounders and sows is the story. In a week or 2 we will start to see lots of little pigs around, I am guessing that this is just typical feral hog breeding behavior in Alabama. The sows are nesting now and keeping a low profile.
So keep your eyes open. I expect to start seeing lots of little tracks around real soon.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/17/17 11:04 AM

So when is the hog rut? If they all birthing around the same times means they were bred at the same time right?

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/17/17 11:38 AM

I am not saying all females breed at the same time by any means. But, it does seem like many do get seasonal.

A sow breeds 25 days after she gives birth. The gestation period is around 114 days. It can vary a few days in either direction.
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/18/17 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I am not saying all females breed at the same time by any means. But, it does seem like many do get seasonal.

A sow breeds 25 days after she gives birth. The gestation period is around 114 days. It can vary a few days in either direction.

that makes sense. Hot humting in hurtsboro near the crackwhores location about a month ago and we had a sow in heat under us.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/18/17 08:01 PM

Hogs reproduce as fast as the whores in the ghetto

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/21/17 08:34 AM

I saw some dime size tracks this weekend. I hate hogs!
Posted By: gman

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/22/17 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
Based on 5 years of recording every kill by date sex and maturity, I have noticed a trend. August seems to be the month we kill a lot of single boars. No big deal here with the boars but the lack of sounders and sows is the story. In a week or 2 we will start to see lots of little pigs around, I am guessing that this is just typical feral hog breeding behavior in Alabama. The sows are nesting now and keeping a low profile.
So keep your eyes open. I expect to start seeing lots of little tracks around real soon.
So, if you have an area that is a known "pig nursery"...now might be the time to do some stalks?

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/22/17 01:21 PM

True, dang sure time to put out some bait and try and at least kill that sow.

A hog grunt call works wonders in this situation as well. If you can drop that sow and stand over her and do a soft basey grunt you can call those little guys in and really make up some numbers.

Re: Pitter patter of little feet - 08/31/17 03:10 PM

I saw some little pigs last night. Hope to put a big dent in them this weekend.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM