Aldeer.com

Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting

Posted By: GomerPyle

Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 10:22 AM

pretty self explanatory....if I'm bowhunting and see a pig, where would I ideally put the arra?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 10:32 AM

Right behind the front shoulder blade, preferably if he's quartered away from you.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer
Right behind the front shoulder blade, preferably if he's quartered away from you.

X2

Pigs have much smaller lungs than deer. If you shoot back in the ribs on a hog you will get guts.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 11:37 AM

thanks
Posted By: ColeT

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

X2

Pigs have much smaller lungs than deer. If you shoot back in the ribs on a hog you will get guts.

You're right about that. I figured that out the hard way on an all white pig I really wanted to kill. But I've shot one or two quartering away that didn't make it 30 yards.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/20/17 11:56 PM

Quarter it in an youll sqashem ever time. I if i wanna find the pig i dont even try to shootem completely broadside anymore. Started waitin on that quarterin shot an they started dyin under 75 yards bout evertim id shootem.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/29/17 01:33 PM

Quartering away right behind the elbow.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/30/17 09:33 AM

Area between the jaw and shoulder blade if he won't quarter right. Not a very large area but you'll Hit the jugular. If you do hit a little high you'll still spine him.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/30/17 12:44 PM

Medulla Oblongata
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/30/17 06:57 PM

Ear hole.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/30/17 07:03 PM

Medula oblongada haha
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 07/30/17 07:50 PM

I shoot them just like a deer but above center line a little high. I shoot 125gr muzzy and never had one run off. I did shot one a little back last year and he ran off with my arrow.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 08/02/17 09:31 AM

I have shot em with 3.5 turkey load at 40 yards and never drew blood. Actually that one was shot twice at 40yds and ran off bucking. I aimed rite behind his shoulder that time. I have killed 5 so far. I aim basically where id shoot a deer. If its a 22 or shotgun id aim for the ear. I got one at 40 yds with a 12ga slug too. He ran 20yds. Shot behind shoulder. I have learned that im waisting my time if i see one while carrying a shotgun with turkey load. A 22 would work if its a head shot. Maybe a heart shot but think it would be really hard to find him. Probably wouldnt even kill him unless it was a really good shot. I only hunt them with deer rifles now. Not worth finding one then using a 22 or shotgun. Waiste of my time in my experiences. I bought a marlin 30-30 just for pig huntin. Now im ready. My tc venture only held 4 shells. I have had herds come by and me shootin and havin to reload. Not no mo. I killed 2 out of 4 shots. If i woulda had my 30-30 i would have had 4 or more that day. Solo. Sucks to put miles on your feet then see one and have to use a 22. Not worth the gamble to me. Bow hunting id aim like a deer. Maybe a tad lower and close to shoulder blade as possible.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 08/02/17 06:59 PM

low and forward, angling away is good, tight to the leg.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Where to aim on a hog when bowhunting - 08/02/17 08:41 PM

In the guts.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM