Aldeer.com

North Sauty

Posted By: bholmes

North Sauty - 05/02/17 10:53 AM

Is anyone doing the North Sauty hunt this week? I have yet to see a hog out there, but I may go anyways. Any knowledge would be appreciated!
Posted By: Clem

Re: North Sauty - 05/02/17 01:06 PM

Anyone ever see or kill hogs up there?
Posted By: mcninja

Re: North Sauty - 05/02/17 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

Anyone ever see or kill hogs up there?

I've heard for years that they're in there, but I've never met anyone directly that's seen/killed one there.

Re: North Sauty - 05/02/17 02:49 PM

I haven't either. Probably the closest place to go and there seems to be a mythical population.

Re: North Sauty - 05/02/17 06:47 PM

I met a guy at the boat launch when we were there bow hunting that had taken a video of hogs under his stand that morning. I don't know where he hunting back on there, but i sure have never seen a hog or any sign.
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: North Sauty - 05/02/17 08:33 PM

JBatey killed one there several years ago. He was on some pretty hot hog sign too. Just hard navating some of the areas because of swamps, creeks etc. at times.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: North Sauty - 05/03/17 06:06 AM

Y'all are crazy as hell. North Sauty is covered with hogs. So is the word farm and all the other private land out there. I've saw a bunch while scouting for deer, and saw quite a few that were killed.

Re: North Sauty - 05/03/17 08:24 AM

Guess I am crazy, how long ago did you see hogs out there? I might go this weekend, just because turkey season is over and something needs to be hunted.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: North Sauty - 05/03/17 09:19 PM

I've killed one over there and shot another big female that had about 8 little piglets with her. She ran off through a swamp. I didn't go digging for her too bad. That place is covered with hogs- or at least they were when I was piddling around with it. I haven't been over there in a year or 2.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: North Sauty - 05/03/17 09:21 PM

Is it a bow hunt this week? I only hunted them during the specified squirrel seasons.

Re: North Sauty - 05/04/17 08:10 AM

This week it is rimfire and shotguns with slugs. Guess is might be worth checking out.
Posted By: bill

Re: North Sauty - 05/04/17 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Clem

I haven't either. Probably the closest place to go and there seems to be a mythical population.

You know where I used to hunt that bordered the refuge and we never saw one, or any sign the first few years I hunted there. Then one day they showed up in bunches. They have put a lot of pressure on them and trapped a good bit so sightings are more rare these days.

Re: North Sauty - 05/04/17 03:17 PM

I'm sure they're there. Perhaps not around every tree like below Birmingham. laugh
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: North Sauty - 05/04/17 07:51 PM

Theres quiet a few there. A buddy of mine hunts that end of the refuge and hes killed a few. Ive never messed around on that end much tho
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: North Sauty - 07/13/17 08:46 AM

They sure aint at bankhead like they use to be. Its slim pickens down there now. All last deer season i didnt see any. Huge difference than a few years ago
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: North Sauty - 07/14/17 05:58 PM

I know some folks like havin somethin to hunt outside of deer an turkey season, an i like huntin them to, but i like deer an turkeys more. I hate them suckers
© 2024 ALDEER.COM