Aldeer.com

Hogball

Posted By: PanolaProductions

Hogball - 04/30/17 08:03 PM

Anybody tried one? I ordered one so we shall see.

https://www.hogball.com
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hogball - 04/30/17 08:11 PM

$250? No way. You can make a pig pipe for about $25.

Re: Hogball - 04/30/17 08:17 PM

I paid about 200. I've made pig pipes and they don't hold near as much corn. I don't have to stake this thing off either. I think it will last a lot longer than a pig pipe.

Re: Hogball - 04/30/17 08:19 PM

I have pig pipes that are 10 years old and still in good shape. They hold about 30 lbs of corn.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Hogball - 04/30/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I have pig pipes that are 10 years old and still in good shape. They hold about 30 lbs of corn.

They will last until you hit them with the bush hog. slap

Re: Hogball - 04/30/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: hayman
Originally Posted By: ElkHunter

They will last until you hit them with the bush hog. slap

Yeah, that's been a problem too. Dad didn't know where they were and wiped a couple out. The hogball holds 100 lbs, which is better for me so I won't have to constantly fill it up.

Re: Hogball - 05/01/17 08:48 AM

I called our bush hogging member and told him where they all were. I have feeders on each of these locations to keep the pigs coming every night. I put the pig pipe close to the feeder.

Re: Hogball - 05/01/17 10:16 AM

100 lbs is a lot.

I like the feeder/pig pipe combo. The feeder gets them locked on a time (set for 7 PM) and they hit the pipe when they find corn in it.

My routine is to ride around midday on Friday of a weekend hunt and fill the pipes. I have texting cameras on each of them. When we see pigs on location we head that way stopping a 200 or so yards short and sneaking in for the attack.

Dang effective.

Re: Hogball - 05/01/17 06:43 PM

That would be nice, I just don't have the texting cams. I've got to take my chances on a leisurely ride around. I really just want to keep the ball out there all the time in case I want to let somebody kill a hog, we will have a better chance, even if I haven't been over in awhile.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Hogball - 05/01/17 09:06 PM

Why would a plastic drum with a hole in it not work?

Re: Hogball - 05/01/17 09:19 PM

It will
© 2024 ALDEER.COM