Aldeer.com

Hogs vs yotes

Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 12:59 PM

Simply an observation and could be coincidental. I use to kill the hell out of coyotes on the little lease I have. I was good for 8-10 a year. I've only killed 3 since the pigs moved in. I know they're still there because anytime cop, fire truck or ambulance sirens go off, I hear them howling. I'm just not seeing them.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 01:43 PM

I would guess the coyotes simply learned your patterns/tactics. I doubt the hogs had anything to do with coyote activity.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 01:50 PM

hogs will actively hunt down and kill every yote they can find.

I just made that up, but it sounded good. laugh
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I would guess the coyotes simply learned your patterns/tactics. I doubt the hogs had anything to do with coyote activity.

Been hunting this property since 2004. They are some slow ass learners if that's the case wink
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 02:11 PM

dead yotes don't learn very fast.....
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
dead yotes don't learn very fast.....

No they don't, but those standing just out of your sight learn when you blast their buddy. grin
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/27/17 10:23 PM

hogs will actively hunt down and kill every yote they can find.

I just made that up, but it sounded good. laugh

Got some donkey in them thumbup
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 03/28/17 10:32 AM

The hogs are now the cause of people killing less coyotes. Poor hogs catch the blame for everything. Lol just kidding.

I don't know about anywhere else but the places I hunt sows and pigs will be feeding in a patch and coyotes will start cutting up and the sows and pigs will break out in run. I don't know if it is because the coyotes are hunting the pigs or if it is because they are use to being hunted by dogs. But I haven't seen anything that makes me think the hogs have had a negative impact on the coyotes.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Hogs vs yotes - 04/06/17 02:27 AM

hogs will actively hunt down and kill every yote they find

I was just about to reply, WTF? until I scrolled down. thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM