Aldeer.com

Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs

Posted By: brandon_autwell

Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/08/16 06:03 PM

I am interested in trying out some hog hunting and looking for a place that I can get a membership to and hunt. I didn't care to much for the guided hunts and spending a chunk of money to go out 2 days looking for somewhere that I can afford to go to more than a couple times a year. Thanks in Advance
Posted By: basspro527

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/10/16 10:54 AM

Go luck on Aldeer the Hog price is High, Ive tried but never found a deal.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/10/16 04:52 PM

join a club anywhere in the south/central part of the state. Most everywhere down here has them now.
Posted By: boy47

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/12/16 05:03 PM

They are so much of a problem. However no one will help you out. As basspro said good luck on Aldeer.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/12/16 05:08 PM

Hogs are a much higher $$$ commodity than most anyone wants to admit. They are a highly desired game animal. Anyone who says different is just trying to purposefully downplay that fact.
Posted By: James

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/12/16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: basspro527
Go luck on Aldeer the Hog price is High, Ive tried but never found a deal.
Just a curious question Define what u consider a deal? We have a few hogs on our place, but we don't offer "hog only" memberships. If someone wants kill pigs your gonna pay 2,500 like the rest of us....

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/13/16 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: boy47
They are so much of a problem. However no one will help you out. As basspro said good luck on Aldeer.
I've seen several folks on here offer to take folks hog hunting. Ain't nobody just gonna turn a feller loose on their property though..

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/13/16 02:54 AM

Well i'm fine with a membership for all hunting and paying the $2000 price for a membership, what I don't wanna pay is the $500-$1000 for a 2 day hunt... If that makes since?? For that kinda money i'd rather just join a club and hunt whenever I want..

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/13/16 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: brandon_autwell
Well i'm fine with a membership for all hunting and paying the $2000 price for a membership, what I don't wanna pay is the $500-$1000 for a 2 day hunt... If that makes since?? For that kinda money i'd rather just join a club and hunt whenever I want..
Sure makes perfect since. I'm not familiar with your area, maybe someone close to u will chime in with knowledge of clubs in your area that has hogs. I enjoy shooting them, but we a have a very small population (At the moment lol) and only killed around 4 in the past few years. I hunted them pretty hard last year, but the bastages were always one up on me frown

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/14/16 04:47 AM

The 'catch' is.....they are not the widespread nuisance as depicted by some. That is an illusion spread by the 'exclusive' and supported by our DCNR. The truth is, they can not and wil not stand heavy hunting pressure. So, the sustainable populations are on either exclusive properties or in areas that are either remote or have restricted access. So, in order to gain access (if even possible) you will have to fork up some pretty hefty funds for a membership.
This thread, along with numerous similar ones in the past, should provide plenty proof of that!
Posted By: boy47

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/14/16 07:47 AM

I've asked probably 5 different times. You can go look at one post I made called tag a long and see how many offers I got.
Posted By: N_AL_Slugger

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/14/16 11:41 AM

Yep, most of the "hog infested" land is the most fertile and has the best deer hunting. So you're going to have to pay top dollar for a hunting club.

If you lived in the black belt region, it wouldn't be hard to find a place to hunt. Not many hogs in the northern portion of the state.

Posted By: Strutter

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/14/16 12:44 PM

Army Corp land in boligee. You have to use the weapon that is in season. This exact place is loaded but you will need a boat. Heck, I killed one with the boat last teal season.

32°48'13.9"N 88°06'10.7"W
https://goo.gl/maps/ngrXMZhVjgL2
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/14/16 08:21 PM

I cant wrap my head around someone wanting to pay good money to hunt the nasty things. I guess i can see how you could have something to hunt year round but everyone that has them doesnt want them and those that dont have them want them seems like.

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 08/15/16 03:02 AM

Thanks for all the input. I have a friend with family property that I can shoot at next year but exclusive to just the hogs and turkeys(They only deer hunt it) It was good to hear from everyone and their opinions. Thank you.
Posted By: MOSSYBUCK

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/06/16 12:16 AM

You are more than welcome to come hunt them on my place free of charge! Anytime that deer and turkey season isn't in progress!
Posted By: pilsburydoughboy

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/20/16 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: MOSSYBUCK
You are more than welcome to come hunt them on my place free of charge! Anytime that deer and turkey season isn't in progress!

What part of the state are you from? I would love for my adult son and I to be able to come down there and help you hunt if you have hogs there.

Send me a pm please. Thanks
Posted By: Bait57

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/20/16 09:04 PM

I went over to his place last week. Super nice fella. I am hopefully gonna smack a few later on
Posted By: Little Foot

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/21/16 08:52 AM

We used to have them pretty bad, killed some, then went 4-5 yrs without seeing them, but they are back now, I will ask around here for you! Hope we see these jokers while hunting!

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 09/29/17 08:09 PM

Does that offer still stand? haha... I haven't had any luck getting anywhere to get a membership this year due to working 7 days a week...
Originally Posted By: MOSSYBUCK
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/02/17 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: brandon_autwell
I am interested in trying out some hog hunting and looking for a place that I can get a membership to and hunt. I didn't care to much for the guided hunts and spending a chunk of money to go out 2 days looking for somewhere that I can afford to go to more than a couple times a year. Thanks in Advance

What counties are you interested in?
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/02/17 11:32 AM

I know of a place in Wilcox County (7,000 acres) that has lots of hogs. I can give you the contact info. I am pretty sure they would be interested in selling some hog memberships. Send me a PM if interested.

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 10/05/17 05:13 AM

There are definitely hogs there!
Posted By: bgdaddy5

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 12/31/17 03:22 PM

Try this club. Tons of hogs.

Flatwood hunting club. Located on hwy 5 btw Catherine and Thomasville Al. 9,000 acres. 30-35 members. $2500 / year. Hogs turkey and deer. Good for family.

2 guests per member, 3 does, 3 pt on main beam and one buck
Posted By: JayHook

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 01/01/18 09:22 AM

And they throw in the mud and ruts at no extra charge...
Posted By: SkinnertonOutlaw

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 01/01/18 10:46 PM

Like a couple of others have said. As long as you want to come after or before deer and turkey season your welcome to. We got 19 in one trap last night. I won't charge anyone for a hog hunt either, it is free.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 01/09/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SkinnertonOutlaw
Like a couple of others have said. As long as you want to come after or before deer and turkey season your welcome to. We got 19 in one trap last night. I won't charge anyone for a hog hunt either, it is free.

If your serious I have two sons that I have been trying to get them on some hogs.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Looking For A Place To Hunt Hogs - 01/09/18 09:56 PM

Bankhead
© 2024 ALDEER.COM