Aldeer.com

Some pics

Posted By: ElkHunter

Some pics - 07/05/15 04:24 PM

From the weekend. Man is was a messy weekend. We started out Friday night and had a long stalk on a trio of sows in a soybean field. After we got them in the cooler we killed a gilt in a soybean field that was really too tall to see the pigs any longer. So first 4 were female. Then the boars take over the weekend.

We killed 2 big boars Friday night and 6 Saturday night. Well, 1 of the 6 Saturday was not big, the rest were studs. Kept the head from one for a euro. Had great uppers and lowers.

Becca will post some pics shortly.

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 04:37 PM

Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 05:51 PM

Looks like yall got in some good ones.
Those suckers are FAT!
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 06:31 PM

Good hogs!!!
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 07:28 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 08:45 PM

Great job Barry. Keep up the great work. thumbup
Posted By: hayman

Re: Some pics - 07/05/15 09:13 PM

Thats great I wish I could have been there.

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 01:58 AM

Thanks guys! Becca got most of the hunts on video this weekend. Give her a little bit to clean them up and will get them posted.
Posted By: James

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 02:47 AM

cool
Posted By: jwal

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 10:14 AM

Which one had the great uppers and lowers?
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 11:32 AM

That fellars in the Carhartt shirt is one of the ugliest jokers I ever laid eyes on shocked

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: jwal
Which one had the great uppers and lowers?

The one I am in the pic with.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 02:42 PM

Sounds like an awesome weekend B!

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 02:44 PM

Do you have a better picture? I blew the picture of you and the hog up as much as I could and wasn't able to see the uppers or the lowers? I enjoy pictures of hogs with big teeth.

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 02:44 PM

I am going to have to learn something that is ALMOST impossible for me. I am going to have to learn to keep my mouth shut. Ever since I stated "we haven't been killing many big boars", we have been covered in them. LOL
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 05:19 PM

Awesome thumbup

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 05:32 PM

Do you have a better picture? I blew the picture of you and the hog up as much as I could and wasn't able to see the uppers or the lowers? I enjoy pictures of hogs with big teeth.

Don't have any others. Let me get the head skinned out and I will get another pic.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter

Don't have any others. Let me get the head skinned out and I will get another pic.

yeah go ahead and skin the head out. that will make my job a little easier thumbup

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 06:07 PM

Barry.
Anytime you plan to cape one, or clean him for a Euro-Mount, prop his mouth open with a stick. It makes the job a LOT easier!!!!

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 06:43 PM

Thanks for the tip Danny.

Re: Some pics - 07/06/15 07:57 PM

Those sticks we put in their mouths are not to show of their teeth. I tie the lower jaw to a tree and come back and get them in a week or so. I have a BUNCH of jawsets at my kennels!

Re: Some pics - 07/07/15 09:04 AM

Here is one I just went back and got this past weekend.
I will boil it is some soapy water and bleach and then spray it good with poly. They look pretty good after that and last forever.

Re: Some pics - 07/07/15 09:10 AM

Those are some really nice lowers Hogwild. 3 inches?
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Some pics - 07/07/15 10:43 AM

That son of a gun was crossed up with a dang elephant.... grin

Re: Some pics - 07/07/15 11:28 AM

Dang good one right there.

Re: Some pics - 07/07/15 11:48 AM

Not sure how long??
I have it on back of my truck here at work. I will ride out there in a minute and measure em.

Re: Some pics - 07/08/15 03:31 PM

jw, I got busy at work and forgot to check!
I got back on while ago and saw the post and remembered!
3 5/8" on the intact side.

Re: Some pics - 07/08/15 03:49 PM

That is a dang good one!
Posted By: ScentFreeHunter

Re: Some pics - 07/09/15 09:38 AM

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but how are you able to hunt hogs at night? I may be mistaken, but I thought I read in the state hunting regulations that it was daytime only. Do you have a special permit or something? We started getting hogs on our property 4 or 5 years ago, and while there are not a ton of them, we shoot all we can during deer season, but that really doesn't make much of a dent in the population. We have been discussing ways to keep the population as low as possible and not let their numbers get out of control, but I wasn't aware that night-hunting might be an option. Educate me!
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Some pics - 07/09/15 10:00 AM

Posted By: ScentFreeHunter

Re: Some pics - 07/09/15 10:33 AM

Excellent, good info that I was not aware of. Wasn't aware of the baiting side of it either. Sounds like I just need to get the land owner to fill out some paperwork and we will be good to go. Good to see the DCNR use some common sense to help folks get rid of these pests. Thanks!

Re: Some pics - 07/09/15 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ScentFreeHunter
Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but how are you able to hunt hogs at night? I may be mistaken, but I thought I read in the state hunting regulations that it was daytime only. Do you have a special permit or something? We started getting hogs on our property 4 or 5 years ago, and while there are not a ton of them, we shoot all we can during deer season, but that really doesn't make much of a dent in the population. We have been discussing ways to keep the population as low as possible and not let their numbers get out of control, but I wasn't aware that night-hunting might be an option. Educate me!

Trapping is the best first step. Shooting pigs can have an impact if you do it properly. ALWAYS look for the ladies first. Shooting boars doesn't do anything for population control.

Give me a call if you would like to talk hog control. I will be glad to give you free advise.

Barry
334-301-0179

Re: Some pics - 07/23/15 10:59 AM

Danny that is a fine set of teeth. You always hear about hogs with 3" teeth and 300 pound hogs but they are both hard to come by.
Elkhunter I still want to see the big uppers and lowers.

Re: Some pics - 07/23/15 11:38 AM

He is still in the freezer. I will see if I can't get the Euro done pretty soon and post the pics.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Some pics - 07/25/15 02:44 PM

cool
© 2024 ALDEER.COM