Aldeer.com

Hog sign

Posted By: ElkHunter

Hog sign - 04/20/15 01:52 PM

Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 02:54 PM

Good pics of wallows/rubs.
They love to rub on a skinned up pine and get the pine pitch/turpentine on them to help with the bugs.

Contrary to belief....hogs are pretty clean animals. But, they have a heckuva time with hog lice, ticks, mosqitoes, gnats and other insects. The mud, resin, oil, creosote, etc that they rub and wallow in helps them out!

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 02:58 PM

That is true. I have found several pines on our new club like the one in the picture. Except, the one in the picture is dead now. Guessing they won't use it as often.

The last picture is of a wallow they hit several times some days and at least daily. I have never seen one so popular. I should put a camera on it and see how many are using it.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 04:32 PM

Is that an old mineral lick, or where someone may have put a yellow salt block? They will wallow for the sulphur to coat them for bugs?

They do the same with diesel, burnt oil, etc.

And, a lot of times the soil they wallow in contains the minerals. I know where a strain of Fullers Earth is that they absolutely LOVE to wallow in!

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 04:50 PM

It could be but it would be in an usual place. It is on the side of an old dirt road in the ditch.

The first picture looks like it could have been started as a mineral lick.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 05:52 PM

Get 5 gallons of used oil and pour it in a sandy place. They will live in it.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 07:51 PM

Looks like I need to come down there and show you how to murder some pigs.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Hog sign - 04/20/15 10:03 PM

hard to tell from the pics but that rub looks pretty damn tall. You got a 6ft 3in monster walking around? smile

Re: Hog sign - 04/21/15 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By: jsh1904
hard to tell from the pics but that rub looks pretty damn tall. You got a 6ft 3in monster walking around? smile

We got some big pigs down there but I don't think we have any that tall! LOL
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Hog sign - 04/23/15 08:06 AM

Them jokers sure can tear up some stuff...
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Hog sign - 04/23/15 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker
Them jokers sure can tear up some stuff...

Yes they can...
Posted By: 04 Spoiler

Re: Hog sign - 04/27/15 01:13 AM

I know where the top pic is, bottom pic BFE on the right side of the road ?

I was going to put a camera on that top picture the last time I was up but one of my other cameras messed up, so I didn't... Might try to next weekend.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM