Aldeer.com

Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder.

Posted By: ericbowhunter

Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/02/13 12:01 AM

I'm looking for a good varmint proof deer feeder. I've been looking at the Boss Buck protein gravity feeder. I would like any opinions.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/02/13 02:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM3Trqj_uOs

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/03/13 01:41 AM

Thanks. I checked those out, and the price is a little too high. I wanted to stay around the 300$ mark. Their smallest one is over 500$, and will only hold 150#.
Posted By: inojon

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/04/13 01:08 AM

Troy Ruiz makes some nice ones. I saw them at the Ino Baptist Church wild game banquet this year. I`ll see if I can find the pamplet I got from them. Jon

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/04/13 06:53 PM

Thanks Jon.
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/11/13 01:10 PM

Try All Seasons feeders out of San Antonio, TX; great feeders and folks. I have some of the Boss Buck protein feeders, and a tall coon can stand on his back legs and grip his claws in the plastic and pull himself up and eat. They make the sharks teeth strips now for feeders, but the All Seasons is as coon proof as any, being that a coon or squirrel can not grip the galvanized metal. Also, I have had to throw one Boss Buck away, because squirrels gnawed through the plastic hopper so bad, that it was beyond repair. Hope this helps.

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/13/13 11:26 PM

Thanks Daggerz. I'll check them out.
Posted By: BucksvilleFatboy

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/23/13 06:11 PM

Texas Hunter Products PF300 is the best one for the money. It ain't coon proof, but it is hard for a coon to get much out of one. They mostly just eat under the feeder. Good legs and good feed cups. I love em. I have about 15 of em.

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/25/13 03:21 AM

Thanks I'll check out the Texas Hunter products.

Re: Looking for the best varmint proof deer feeder. - 03/27/13 04:14 AM

I went with the feed bank feeder from Banks outdoors. It's a gravity style feeder that mounts to a 4x4 post. I put carpet tack strip on the post to keep the raccoons off it. I sure hope it works.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM