Aldeer.com

Prodiamine

Posted By: jdhunter2011

Prodiamine - 02/13/24 04:10 PM

We had another thread going about pre-emerge. I ordered some granular Prodiamine and sprayed my Bermuda yard Sunday between the rains. I saw where many recommended spraying just before a rain. Hopefully runoff didnt get most of it but the ground was soaking up water when I sprayed. Yall ever tried this method? I figured I would try because I see henbit popping out now. I plan to hit it again with some Glyphosate but want to wait until all the henbit and other unwanted stuff emerges. I will likely mix in some more prodaimine for that application.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Prodiamine - 02/13/24 07:29 PM

i put out pre emergent from sept -mid april regardless of weather, you will be fine. it didn’t “run off” unless it was a gully washer and bare soil

Re: Prodiamine - 02/14/24 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by hunterturf
i put out pre emergent from sept -mid april regardless of weather, you will be fine. it didn’t “run off” unless it was a gully washer and bare soil

WHat I wanted to hear, thanks.

Re: Prodiamine - 02/14/24 07:11 PM

👌👌
Posted By: 007

Re: Prodiamine - 02/15/24 11:12 PM

JD, how much rain did you get after you sprayed and was the ground saturated when you did spray?

Re: Prodiamine - 02/16/24 01:37 AM

granular

Re: Prodiamine - 02/17/24 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by hunterturf
granular

I’m a little confused then, because he said he sprayed. I assumed he got the 65 WDG and that was the “granular” he was referring to, rather than the 4L.

Really doesn’t matter much either way unless he did get that gully washer you referred to.
Posted By: benchmade47

Re: Prodiamine - 02/17/24 11:39 PM

Prodiamine has worked well for me. Be careful with the glyphosate, I've killed big patches of my Bermuda by doing that at the beginning of March when the Bermuda had started to green up but wasn't visible yet

Re: Prodiamine - 02/21/24 08:08 PM

Ground was wet but not saturated because my 4 wheeler tires did not tear it up too bad when turning. It was light to moderate rain that night but not a gully washer. I usually let the henbit and other unwanteds come on out before I spray Glyphosate. The warm weather has me thinking Bermuda may come in early in March so I'm gonna look at it this weekend. Might go ahead with the Gly and another does of Prodiamine. Still got about 5 gallons in the sprayer. Very minimal henbit this year but Ive hit it for 2 springs with Gly before it bloomed so I have it knocked back fairly well. If I can get the crab grass under control I should have a good looking yard this year barring an early summer drought. I have no way to water it all and plan to hit it with some fertilizer. Should have limed it back in the fall I think its been a couple years.

007 Prodiamine is granular but tiny lil yellow pellets. It recommended to be tank mixed so thats what I did.

Re: Prodiamine - 02/21/24 10:24 PM

Right. It is a 65WDG, or water dispersible granule. There are also a ton of true granular products out there that are sold for lawn uses. Many times these are on a fertilizer prill for weed and feed, but there are also products that are granular sold for Bareground uses. I am just always careful to clarify when people talk about their applications. I do this for a living, and you’d be surprised how often some has asked, and they have used that 65WDG in their fertilizer spreader and spread those! Definitely not how intended and way over applied.
Posted By: Omega One

Re: Prodiamine - 02/23/24 07:15 PM

I am trying to get rid of Chamberbitter weed in my lawn. I have looked on line but everything states Prodiamine cannot ship to Alabama. Can you tell me where you found it?
Posted By: mdavis

Re: Prodiamine - 02/23/24 08:27 PM

Any local co op has it. It is also sold under the name Barricade Pre-Emergent Herbicide.

Re: Prodiamine - 02/26/24 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Omega One
I am trying to get rid of Chamberbitter weed in my lawn. I have looked on line but everything states Prodiamine cannot ship to Alabama. Can you tell me where you found it?

Ordered off Amazon
Posted By: Cactus_buck

Re: Prodiamine - 03/10/24 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Omega One

I ordered it off domyown.com and it was delivered to my door.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM