Aldeer.com

Planting Soybeans

Posted By: HHSyelper

Planting Soybeans - 09/18/23 06:28 PM

Has anyone ever planted soybeans that they bought from a farmer? Looking for ways to reduce the planting bill.
Posted By: jamesm1976

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/19/23 02:38 PM

Dont let Monsanto/Bayer find out you are doing it
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/19/23 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by jamesm1976
Dont let Monsanto/Bayer find out you are doing it

Pretty sure they cant get you for it unless youre selling them. Ok to grow them for deer, just dont get caught selling them.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/20/23 12:23 AM

I was told it was okay to plant for wildlife, just not profit. I’m just curious if anyone has ever done it with success.

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/20/23 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
I I as told it was okay to plant for wildlife, just not profit. I’m just curious if anyone has ever done it with success.

Not soybeans but corn yes. I plantes about ten foot in a row in the garden and sprayed it with gly, it lived so i planted a 3 acre field of it. It made just like the $220/bag dekalb
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/20/23 01:59 PM

It will work fine
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/24/23 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
I I as told it was okay to plant for wildlife, just not profit. I’m just curious if anyone has ever done it with success.

Not soybeans but corn yes. I plantes about ten foot in a row in the garden and sprayed it with gly, it lived so i planted a 3 acre field of it. It made just like the $220/bag dekalb

Where can I buy some of this $220 bag Dekalb seed. I’m having to pay over $300 a bag and I buy several pallets every year.

Re: Planting Soybeans - 09/24/23 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Auburn_03
Originally Posted by jwalker77

Where can I buy some of this $220 bag Dekalb seed. I’m having to pay over $300 a bag and I buy several pallets every year.

I havent planted corn i four years or so i guess. I never actually paid that for it either. I was getting it for $42/sack through NWTF. I was told it cost $220/sack retail at that time.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM