Aldeer.com

clover info

Posted By: blazer625

clover info - 02/27/23 07:29 PM

So in the fall i planted a 7 way mix with clover, brassicas, wheat, oats, triticyle etc. then added extra clover. I have a good clover stand but its under the fall blend of brassicas, wheat, oats etc. My question is do you let the fall blend die out or do you spray it so the clover wont be shaded out. If spraying is the answer when do you normally spray?
Posted By: CNC

Re: clover info - 02/27/23 07:48 PM

Depends on the density of the other plants and the "overstory" they create........Some partial shading can be good for clover......If its too thick then mowing one time might be a solution..... When you mow you clip over the top of the clover cutting everything else and not the clover.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: clover info - 02/27/23 10:47 PM

I agree, I would cut the fields, the clover will be fine.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: clover info - 02/28/23 06:08 PM

What clover did you add? I don't cut my fields until after turkey season. I planted some annual clovers last fall, and I am going to wait until they go to seed and the heads dry out before I cut.

Last year I had a heavy brassica planting and didn't cut until after turkey season.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: clover info - 03/01/23 02:30 PM

I dont see how anybody is going to get a tractor on a food plot before May, with how it's raining 3-4 days a week.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM