Aldeer.com

Bulk ag lime

Posted By: iBowhunt

Bulk ag lime - 02/20/23 11:50 AM

How much is everybody paying for bulk ag lime? Planning on getting 10 tons delivered to my property
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/20/23 05:46 PM

I got a load delivered to my lease last fall, it was just a hair over 26 tons and cost me $900 and change. Good luck getting less than a truck load delivered. I didn't need 26 tons, but that's what I had to buy.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/21/23 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw
I got a load delivered to my lease last fall, it was just a hair over 26 tons and cost me $900 and change. Good luck getting less than a truck load delivered. I didn't need 26 tons, but that's what I had to buy.

From what I heard bulk powder had gone way up. I know pellet went up $3 a bag between last summer and the other day.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/21/23 12:48 PM

A lot depends on how far they need to drive and how are you planning to spread it? You need to make some calls to find the best option. A good example is Thomasville Feed,, if you need a full load, John sells you the lime and loans you the spreader. If you need a little, he keeps it on hand and charges around $350 for five tons loaded in a buggy.

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/21/23 03:04 PM

I paid $35/ton delivered, but had to buy a whole dump truck load. I am probably about 15 miles from the quarry. He told me when I called him the price had gone up. I am sure its not any cheaper now.
Posted By: iBowhunt

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/21/23 03:50 PM

Called my local co-op yesterday and they said $40/ ton. Planning on getting 10 tons delivered to my property, then loading the lime into a truck bed and spreading it with a leaf blower. Hopefully that will work...

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/23/23 05:15 PM

It won't unless its very dry. Most all the bulk ag lime I have gotten has been damp.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Bulk ag lime - 02/25/23 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by iBowhunt
Called my local co-op yesterday and they said $40/ ton. Planning on getting 10 tons delivered to my property, then loading the lime into a truck bed and spreading it with a leaf blower. Hopefully that will work...

I’d wade thru hell and high water to find a spreader before I went that route!
Posted By: Smann

Re: Bulk ag lime - 03/13/23 03:30 AM

I got quoted $70 a ton delivered and spread.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Bulk ag lime - 03/13/23 11:54 AM

6 tons, $300 delivered and spread.
Posted By: ericbowhunter

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/25/23 04:01 AM

$66 a ton the other day with use of the lime buggy.
Posted By: DuckDown11

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/27/23 12:04 AM

What's the best price around Tuscaloosa ?? Bulk , Spread or delivered
Posted By: BradB

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/28/23 03:09 PM

I successfully spread 10 tons off a trailer with a good pack pack blower not much fun though
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/29/23 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by BradB
I successfully spread 10 tons off a trailer with a good pack pack blower not much fun though

I would have loved to have been able to have watched this! I cannot imagine this working with lime, but at least I have a new idea in case I ever need to do it manually.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/29/23 04:37 PM

I wish someone would invent a 3 point hitch spreader for lime. It can be done with a regular spreader but the lime has to be super dry.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/29/23 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Snuffy
I wish someone would invent a 3 point hitch spreader for lime. It can be done with a regular spreader but the lime has to be super dry.

There is one.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/29/23 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by hayman

There is one.

Sides, but it ain't cheap.

Re: Bulk ag lime - 05/29/23 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by k bush
Originally Posted by hayman

There is one.

Sides, but it ain't cheap.

Link?

Re: Bulk ag lime - 06/28/23 03:47 PM

I bought 8 tons yesterday from the local quarry for 13 dollars a ton. We hauled it with a dump trailer. We are going to rent a spreader to do our fields.
Posted By: H2901

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/22/24 08:13 PM

Reviving this thread- looking to get roughly 21 tons delivered and spread near Butler, AL. Can any of you guys who have had luck getting this done provide some contacts?
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/23/24 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by H2901
Reviving this thread- looking to get roughly 21 tons delivered and spread near Butler, AL. Can any of you guys who have had luck getting this done provide some contacts?

I can haul it up there or G and D feed store will deliver. You can rent a buggy from them and haul it up there to spread it or I can possibly do it for you as well.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/23/24 02:21 AM

You can also rent a buggy from Gilbertown not sure if they have lime though
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/23/24 03:08 AM

Thomasville feed and seed renta buggies and sells lime - i limed from them
Posted By: catdoctor

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/23/24 11:31 AM

Just got a quote Saturday from CoOp.$50 dollars a ton for a trailer load for 26 to 29 tons plus $200 dollars a day for buggy rental.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/23/24 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by H2901

Johnnie Batwell. He has lime trucks and spread it in Washington county for us twice. 601-381-3441

Posted By: Stoney

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/25/24 08:49 PM

blumsden, who sold you the lime and spread-ed it for you?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/26/24 12:50 PM

Co-op in pell city, but conditions have to be just right. Good wide roads with no limbs sticking out.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/26/24 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Co-op in pell city, but conditions have to be just right. Good wide roads with no limbs sticking out.

Also has to be dry. I set a day aside to get lime and buggy and they would sell it to me because it was wet and wouldn’t spread right.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/27/24 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by blumsden

Also has to be dry. I set a day aside to get lime and buggy and they would sell it to me because it was wet and wouldn’t spread right.

Absolutely the most aggravating thing on earth is lime that bridges in the buggy. Always bring a shovel.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Bulk ag lime - 04/27/24 02:54 PM

The first load I got several years ago not knowing better, I had the driver dump it in tall grass, mistake. Was ripping up clods of clay that wouldn’t pass through the gate, frustrating day. Now I dump it in the middle of a hard compacted red dirt gravel road. Also makes getting those last few scoops easier by back dragging it with the bucket.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM