Aldeer.com

Summer plot - too much rain headed this way?

Posted By: ALFisher

Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/17/21 03:33 PM

I was late getting some WMS pea patch planted. Got it in this week. I don't think it was too late, but we are about to get a flood down here this weekend 3-5 inches. will that ruin it?
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/17/21 05:15 PM

I normally plant peas or beans at 1.5". If you covered it good and your fields are pretty flat and dont wash, I'd think you'd be fine.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/17/21 05:21 PM

i don't think they were that deep, but field is pretty flat and cultipacked.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/17/21 06:14 PM

It’s fine.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/17/21 09:56 PM

Peas are tough. Unless they get covered with water you’ll be just fine. If you had good moisture when you planted they should almost all be out the ground when or if the rain gets there.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/18/21 06:11 PM

Dang - we bout to get 6 straight days of water r longer
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 12:35 AM

It will be fine. I’ve had about two ft of rain since I planted mine and they look awesome
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 01:44 AM

Always remember this. You can make a crop in the mud. You can’t in the dust
Posted By: treemydog

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 02:50 AM

Planted my summer plots today. Looking for some good germination after this rain tomorrow.

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 03:02 AM

Heard we supposed to get 10-12 inches at gulf while I on vacation - but we had 2 good days
Happy y’all getting rain that helped 257!!

On different note - Finally figured out why it so hard to get table this trip (been going to orange beach for 30 years) - talked to one of the restaurant managers - she said they can’t get workers cause all of the $$ the government has given - my business is seeing same thing - nobody wants to work and it’s about to shut us down
This new leadership is so freakin stupid - about to shut the hole freaking country down - idiots
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 02:20 PM

Why work when you can make the same $ sitting on your ass at home and crying. Biden and co. are destroying our country. Look at the damage already. He is turning us into a country of crybaby posies.

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 04:52 PM

Hope they figure out free $$ killing us
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/19/21 09:07 PM

We planted, well somewhat , our summer plots today. We ran the disk through and sowed the seed before the bottom fell out and things got soupy quick. Equipment issues and we didn’t get to cover much seed. Time will tell I guess. Maybe enough disturbed soil and heavy rain will cover for us.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/20/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wapiti55
We planted, well somewhat , our summer plots today We ran the disk through and sowed the seed before the bottom fell out and things got soupy quick. Equipment issues and we didn’t get to cover much seed. Time will tell I guess. Maybe enough disturbed soil and heavy will cover for us.

You will be fine.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Summer plot - too much rain headed this way? - 06/28/21 07:04 PM

There were soybean fields around here that looked like lakes 3 weeks ago and almost all of those crops look fine.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM