Aldeer.com

Clethodim

Posted By: buzzard

Clethodim - 03/01/21 10:45 PM

What mix rate are you guys using for your clover fields? I'm seeing anywhere from 4-16oz per acre online.
We would be using a tank sprayer on the back of a ranger with a boomless nozzle.
also, are you using crop oil or dish soap as a surfactant? i've seen both mentioned.
would be using grassout max 26.4%

Last question, is there a cheaper alternative.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Clethodim - 03/01/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by buzzard
What mix rate are you guys using for your clover fields? I'm seeing anywhere from 4-16oz per acre online.
We would be using a tank sprayer on the back of a ranger with a boomless nozzle.
also, are you using crop oil or dish soap as a surfactant? i've seen both mentioned.
would be using grassout max 26.4%

Last question, is there a cheaper alternative.

Regular clethodim in the 2 1/2 gallon jug would be cheaper in the long run. Alot cheaper. They sell it at the co op.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Clethodim - 03/02/21 04:18 AM

I ask 257 last year he recommended 10oz per acre and 1% crop oil. I had good results and about to spray mine again
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Clethodim - 03/05/21 12:52 AM

When is the best time to spray
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Clethodim - 03/05/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by joshm28
When is the best time to spray

When the grass young and tender
Posted By: crocker

Re: Clethodim - 03/10/21 02:08 AM

I’m curious about ratio per gallon and per acre also. I have a 125 gal on tractor but use my 26 gallon on atv most of the time
Posted By: 007

Re: Clethodim - 03/10/21 03:33 AM

I would use 10-12 oz/A clethodim with 1% v/v COC.

Re: Clethodim - 03/10/21 02:41 PM

I found a conversion online of .50oz per gallon. Sprayed this past weekend , wait and see how it took.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Clethodim - 04/27/21 02:25 PM

Does cleth require a surfactant?

Re: Clethodim - 04/27/21 05:21 PM

jlbuc10, yes it does.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Clethodim - 04/27/21 09:50 PM

Yes. Clethodim has let me down on quite a bit of burndowns this spring.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Clethodim - 04/28/21 10:47 AM

In the spring, when the clover isn't stressed, you can spray 2ozs./gal of gly and it will kill everything but the clover.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Clethodim - 05/31/21 02:34 AM

I quit using it. I used it at the high end of 16oz per acre with crop oil. I just wasn’t impressed for whatever reason.

I went back to 1oz of gly per 2oz of water and haven’t looked back. Maybe my fescue and Johnson grass is the bigger reason. Honestly I don’t know if gasoline can kill ladino clover anyway. 2-4d didn’t even brown it this spring in a few places I sprayed for summer plots. If in the rare event that broadleaf get started I use the 2-4db.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Clethodim - 06/09/21 04:36 PM

I like it, I mix at .5oz per gallon. I think they like for you to put some liquid fertilizer in with it, and I haven't tried that yet. I have more trouble with broadleafs. I did tinker with some Imox, and it seems to kill milk weed, but I haven't been back to check my main clover plot to see if it killed the weeds I had there. Like poison ivy. Since I have to cut it with a weedeater, I don't want to be weedeating a bunch of poison ivy and getting it all over me.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Clethodim - 06/10/21 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by AlabamaSwamper
I quit using it. I used it at the high end of 16oz per acre with crop oil. I just wasn’t impressed for whatever reason.

I went back to 1oz of gly per 2oz of water and haven’t looked back. Maybe my fescue and Johnson grass is the bigger reason. Honestly I don’t know if gasoline can kill ladino clover anyway. 2-4d didn’t even brown it this spring in a few places I sprayed for summer plots. If in the rare event that broadleaf get started I use the 2-4db.

Swamper, are you sure you use 1oz/2oz? I use it at 2 ozs/ gallon with good kill and no clover damage.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Clethodim - 06/10/21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Originally Posted by AlabamaSwamper

Swamper, are you sure you use 1oz/2oz? I use it at 2 ozs/ gallon with good kill and no clover damage.

Yeah, that can't be right.....
© 2024 ALDEER.COM