Aldeer.com

Bad Deer

Posted By: BradB

Bad Deer - 08/03/20 01:12 PM

This is what my bean/corn field is supposed to look like.

[Linked Image]

This is what about 80%of the 6 acre field looks like.

[Linked Image]

The good news is even the beat down areas are pushing new growth on the Eagle Beans and while this pic is not real pretty there is still a ton of food out there for them and will continue to be until everything dries down.They did learn a new trick this year, eating corn tassels.Anyone else had them do that?
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 02:23 PM

They are just starting to hit the outside rows on mine and they are biting the cobs off like you would bite off the end of a carrot. That's ok that is what I planted it for.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 03:14 PM

Thats what you grew it for, right?
Posted By: BradB

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 03:51 PM

It is why I grew it. I would rather it look like the second picture than 5' high without any use.I hope the amount of browse this year is proportional to the amount of deer I will be seeing this deer season because it is way higher than previous years..
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 10:37 PM

I'll come help you take care of some of those bad deer, if you like.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 10:49 PM

You need to mow all that down and let the weeds take, oh wait the” native vegetation” take over.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 10:58 PM

No man. It’s now “pioneer plants”.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 11:09 PM

Dang! Looks like you got some dik weeds trying to establish here. Better spray it with ( insert a fancy pants name for glyphosphate or 24d) before it becomes a nuisance.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
No man. It’s now “pioneer plants”.

Well chit!! I can’t keep up with all that knowledge.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/03/20 11:44 PM

Me neither. It’s mind boggling
Posted By: Cynical

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 02:24 AM

Dude, it’s the microbes. No bacteria, just native vegetation and microbes. Get it right.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by jaredhunts
Dang! Looks like you got some dik weeds trying to establish here. Better spray it with ( insert a fancy pants name for glyphosphate or 24d) before it becomes a nuisance.

That's actually pretty funny..... grin

You know I've never been anything but truthful and with honest intentions. There is no self-interest in this for me. I only try to help folks with their food plotting and deer management questions because it's something I enjoy. What some of you are doing is pretty shameful really.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 10:45 AM

CNC - seriously don’t act all attacked. You’ve been calling those of us who still decide to till dirt stupid idiots for years. You act like your way is the only way. You come up with these stupid terms like pioneer that I guess you either make up or see in some hippy research paper. Most of us understand there’s more than one way to handle food plots. I’m reasonable enough to see why there’s some people that use your method and why many of us still turn dirt. You seem to think there is only one correct way and that’s your way because you understand dirt microbes and the rest of us are just chumps. It’s not the grow weeds method for deer that some people dislike - it’s you and your delivery of it.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 12:43 PM

Horsechit……I give my opinion like anyone else and never once do I talk about it being "my way" or your way.. The difference is I don’t make personal attacks towards everyone else in the process. Oh, I’m quite sure some folks don’t like me and my delivery of it because its sound and makes sense and it doesn't require whatever it is theyre selling. They can’t make an argument against anything I’m saying so they resort to tearing me down instead as theor strategy. All I’m doing is providing facts and truth…….And by the way…..I didn’t come up with the term pioneer and climax species…..I learned it in forestry school….

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 01:13 PM

You know when you go to these lengths to manipulate the uninformed.....you're just being dishonest at that point.....you can justify it however you want to but that's what it is.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 02:04 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 02:24 PM

LMFAO.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 03:07 PM

Its amazing that you’re actually a grown-ass man…..It’s all good though…..I’m gonna go back to helping others now…..You just keep dealing farrow Billy Bob.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by hallb
You come up with these stupid terms like pioneer that I guess you either make up or see in some hippy research paper..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_species
Posted By: hallb

Re: Bad Deer - 08/05/20 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by hallb
You come up with these stupid terms like pioneer that I guess you either make up or see in some hippy research paper..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_species

Sooo, hippy research paper, got it. Boy that has really been festering on you hasn't it!!

Re: Bad Deer - 08/06/20 12:59 AM

Well if you dont have rhino skin and elephant balls, this ain't the place for ya. I've been doin plots for a while now and seen all the fun tractors and implements to make food plotting easy. I'd seen the seed bags that said throw and grow before but always thought meh. I still love to turn dirt and one day i may have a no till drill. Until I got on this site I had never heard of throw and mow. I've had some really bad plots in certain areas but after trying TNM they have gotten better. My point being, TNM is a different approach to the game. Not alot of people know about it and CNC is the only one I've heard pushing it. So keep on CNC, be a broken record onTNM. It helped me.

Re: Bad Deer - 08/06/20 01:45 AM

Well if you dont have rhino skin and elephant balls, this ain't the place for ya. I've been doin plots for a while now and seen all the fun tractors and implements to make food plotting easy. I'd seen the seed bags that said throw and grow before but always thought meh. I still love to turn dirt and one day i may have a no till drill. Until I got on this site I had never heard of throw and mow. I've had some really bad plots in certain areas but after trying TNM they have gotten better. My point being, TNM is a different approach to the game. Not alot of people know about it and CNC is the only one I've heard pushing it. So keep on CNC, be a broken record onTNM. It helped me.

That’s awesome….Glad to see you’re getting some benefit out of the information. Your fields will just continue to improve over time. Don’t let these folks scare you from talking about it. That’s exactly what they’re trying to do. I’ve been dealing with it for years now so they don’t really phase me too much. I’ll continue to help folks as long as I’m allowed to. #afreemarket??
Posted By: auburnlocal

Re: Bad Deer - 08/18/20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

That’s awesome….Glad to see you’re getting some benefit out of the information. Your fields will just continue to improve over time. Don’t let these folks scare you from talking about it. That’s exactly what they’re trying to do. I’ve been dealing with it for years now so they don’t really phase me too much. I’ll continue to help folks as long as I’m allowed to. #afreemarket??

I've been doing it the last two years and it works great. Saves a ton of time. I haven't saved any money yet but time is very important to me. I plant about 11 or 12 acres. Thanks CNC.
Posted By: filespinner

Re: Bad Deer - 08/19/20 10:48 AM

Same here. I have done tnm for the last 2 years with great results. I think its just hard for people to get it in their head that you dont have to disc, just cant wrap their head around that concept. For over 30 years I would disk the field until it was almost like powder. No more. Not needed.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM