Aldeer.com

Spraying clover

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Spraying clover - 07/26/20 10:14 PM

What’s the best thing to spray clover with right now to kill grass and broadleaf weeds?
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Spraying clover - 07/26/20 10:28 PM

Check keystone pest solutions. THey have what you need.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Spraying clover - 07/26/20 11:24 PM

2-4D,B for weeds and Clethodim for grass. I have been told not to mix them and I never tried it. I usually spray them 2-3 weeks apart but not sure if that makes any difference.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Spraying clover - 07/27/20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by mike35549
2-4D,B for weeds and Clethodim for grass. I have been told not to mix them and I never tried it. I usually spray them 2-3 weeks apart but not sure if that makes any difference.

I mix them and have never had any issues. Just make sure you have plenty of water in the tank and water still going in when you dump in the chemicals and it will not stick together.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Spraying clover - 07/27/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mully
Originally Posted by mike35549

I mix them and have never had any issues. Just make sure you have plenty of water in the tank and water still going in when you dump in the chemicals and it will not stick together.

This. I've always mixed them. I alternate adding water and chemical until the tank is full. I also use a surfactant.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/27/20 06:23 PM

Is the Cleth a dry flowable?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Spraying clover - 07/27/20 11:07 PM

No. It’s an EC. Liquid

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
No. It’s an EC. Liquid

Thanks. I was confused with the mixing from above post.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 12:52 AM

Yea I have no clue about the sticking comment. But it is aldeer.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 01:09 AM

I mix 2-4D and Cleth. Also mix Milestone and Cleth. Never had a problem with mixing... Or sticking either.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 05:35 PM

Someone on here told me to make sure there was plenty of water in the tank along with water still coming into the thank when I mixed the two otherwise they would clump all together. No idea if this is true or not because I always did like that said and havent ever had any issues.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mully

Someone on here told me to make sure there was plenty of water in the tank along with water still coming into the thank when I mixed the two otherwise they would clump all together. No idea if this is true or not because I always did like that said and havent ever had any issues.

I've never noticed a clumping problem.
Are y'all talking about some sort of powdered version of these chemicals?
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Spraying clover - 07/28/20 07:09 PM

I mixed up some profine one day, which is a granule, and it dont break down real easy. So I would put an oz in a powerade bottle with a little water and shake the crap out of it. Worked good that way. One time I decided I would add the surfactant in the bottle too. It turned into something like jello. Like to have not got it out of the bottle. Maybe they had something like that happen?
Posted By: sanderson

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 03:34 AM

Certain herbicides don’t mix together and will have a chemical reaction to make a gel like mess. Learned that the hard way.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 03:50 AM

Yes but not an EC with 24DB. Mixing order plus ph modifiers can make you look like a hero. Or a zero.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 03:52 AM

PH modifiers are the most overlooked adjuvant on the chemical list. It matters what’s in your tank. A simple water test can reveal a lot on why certain chemicals don’t perform to your expectation.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 11:17 AM

If the clover is not stressed, you could spray with gly at 2ozs/gallon, but I've never seen clover not stressed this time of the year. I like to use gly in the spring to clean up a clover plot.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 06:01 PM

PH modifiers are the most overlooked adjuvant on the chemical list. It matters what’s in your tank. A simple water test can reveal a lot on why certain chemicals don’t perform to your expectation.

What are you talking about. Elaborate please. Remember I dont do this for a living.
Posted By: stl32

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 08:07 PM

What he is talking about, is using something like a ph test kit used for swimming pools, If the ph of the water is high or low it makes a difference in how the chemicals perform. Just like growing clover you have to be in the sweet spot on ph scale to have success, its the same with spraying. One test per water source will let you know if you need to use any additives.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 08:42 PM

I add this to our gly mix

https://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/turbo-glyphosate-enhancer-2-5-gallons-194

Re: Spraying clover - 07/29/20 11:59 PM

What I’m saying is many areas have higher ph water or calcitic based wells. You want your spray solution ph below 5 ideally and really towards 4 for optimum uptake of most pesticides. If you don’t drop the ph and you’re ph is say 7-8 you’ll get unsatisfied results and can lead to resistance if you keep half killing weeds and such. Examples are spray grade AMS or MSO based adjuvants. One we use a lot has both non ionic surfactant and liquid AMS all in one jug.

Re: Spraying clover - 07/30/20 12:11 AM

What I’m saying is many areas have higher ph water or calcitic based wells. You want your spray solution ph below 5 ideally and really towards 4 for optimum uptake of most pesticides. If you don’t drop the ph and you’re ph is say 7-8 you’ll get unsatisfied results and can lead to resistance if you keep half killing weeds and such. Examples are spray grade AMS or MSO based adjuvants. One we use a lot has both non ionic surfactant and liquid AMS all in one jug.

Thanks. I would never have considered the ph of the water.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM