Aldeer.com

Suggestions on ATV disc

Posted By: bama_tacoma

Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/05/20 07:43 PM

I’m sure it’s been asked before but I had trouble finding this topic in the search. I’m looking for a disc for my atv that will till a roughly 1-1.5 acre plot. Have 80 acres of family land and tried using a 4x4 steel drag this year. It worked okay but I want to try the disc this year. Any recommendations on which brand/models have worked well for you guys? Thanks.
Posted By: mdavis

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/05/20 09:58 PM

If you can find one..

Plot Mule by Summit. Adjustable disc angle, electric lift ,flip-up cultipacker, receiver hitch for spreader and drag mat.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/06/20 12:02 AM

Paging Matt Brock. 😆
Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/07/20 09:02 PM

Apparently you don’t have a tractor, why not rent one with a disc for the weekend? Or, hire it out.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/07/20 09:30 PM

I own a disc and don’t use it. I own a tractor too. You can have great plots without discing. I won’t ever disc again. Just spray and broadcast seed and fertilizer two weeks later. It’s not hard.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/07/20 09:30 PM

Throw and mow.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/10/20 11:09 PM

If you want to wear out your ATV faster, using a disc with it is a good way to do it.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/11/20 01:12 AM

If you have just 1-1.5 acres to plant, I would definitely throw and mow that. You will need a sprayer, a spreader (even a hand spreader will work for that), and possibly something to drag over the dead plants and seed. No way I would spend that money on a disc if that's all I had to do.
Posted By: bama_tacoma

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/14/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
If you have just 1-1.5 acres to plant, I would definitely throw and mow that. You will need a sprayer, a spreader (even a hand spreader will work for that), and possibly something to drag over the dead plants and seed. No way I would spend that money on a disc if that's all I had to do.

Its only about 1 acre that I'm planting. I did the throw and mow this past year and it worked pretty good but I did not spray before dragging so it took a while to get the ground churned up. Sounds like the throw and mow is what I'm gonna stick with. Thanks for the advice guys.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/14/20 03:35 PM

Your goal is not to churn the ground up. The goal is not to disturb the soil profile, at all. Your sewing seed on top of the ground and dragging or mowing the dead thatch down over the seed.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/17/20 02:35 AM

I’d go throw and mow way before I’d plant anything with an ATV disc. I wouldn’t waste my money on that.

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/17/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
I’d go throw and mow way before I’d plant anything with an ATV disc. I wouldn’t waste my money on that.

Did I remember correctly? Didn't you burn up a 4wheeler... And several acres of pines? 😆
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/17/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

Did I remember correctly? Didn't you burn up a 4wheeler... And several acres of pines? 😆

Wasn’t me. I’ve never burned up any equipment other than a radio.

Re: Suggestions on ATV disc - 02/17/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

Wasn’t me. I’ve never burned up any equipment other than a radio.

Damn. Maybe it was Mangler. Actually it sounds exactly like Mangler. It was probably him.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM