Aldeer.com

WMS brand seed

Posted By: Forrestgump1

WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 02:47 AM

I think it's been touched on but has anyone used or had any luck with the alabama blend from wms? I'm interested in possibly trying some out this year, rather than mix my own.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 03:07 AM

We tried a few plots in deer magnet last year. I was thoroughly impressed and will be planting all my plots in it this year
Posted By: Antlerfluke

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 03:13 AM

You get what you pay for. WMS has GREAT seed and advice and great seed blends. And they don't put ryegrass in their blends!!! A1 recommendation!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 03:46 AM

I’ve planted deer magnet before. Good stuff.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 01:02 PM

It is all that I use on the plots at my place.

It is good stuff. thumbup
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 04:43 PM

Had nothing but disappointment with WMS seed. First year I used it the only thing in the all the bags that were supposed to be deer magnet was diakon radishes so I had 5 large fields full of radishes. Second year I gave them the benefit of the doubt and bought again got the same results. Used to have pics to prove this but no longer do. I will never buy their seed again.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
Had nothing but disappointment with WMS seed. First year I used it the only thing in the all the bags that were supposed to be deer magnet was diakon radishes so I had 5 large fields full of radishes. Second year I gave them the benefit of the doubt and bought again got the same results. Used to have pics to prove this but no longer do. I will never buy their seed again.

Not sure what happened but never had a bad bag from wms.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 09:13 PM

Never had issues with them either. But if you got screwed up bags, you didn't notice all the seeds were the same...2 years in a row?

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/22/19 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Joe4majors

Never had issues with them either. But if you got screwed up bags, you didn't notice all the seeds were the same...2 years in a row?

You are correct. I simply didn’t notice it but then when you’re doing everything by yourself who would take time to notice. Like I said I gave them the benefit of the doubt and won’t do it again
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 12:02 AM

Deadeye, you didn't call and talk to anyone? They probably would have hooked you up

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Deadeye, you didn't call and talk to anyone? They probably would have hooked you up

As a matter of fact I showed them the pics from both years and brought a left over bag for them to view and they offered to make it up but I refused because I had been burnt twice . They completely lost my confidence in their product. I did think their offer to make it right was great but two seasons of this ruined that
Posted By: hunting13

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 01:34 AM

Alabama blend is excellent
Posted By: 3Gs

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 01:28 PM

We have used their blends for several years with great results and are using them again this season. Great guys to deal with too! I'm sorry you had bad results, Deadeye.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 01:37 PM

The Mississippi blend looks interesting.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 02:13 PM

Deadeye, when i'm pouring my seed into my hopper, I can't help but to look at it. I've never used WMS products because they don't carry it around here. I'm guessing, you planted it too thick and the radish shaded out everything else. The odds of getting seed 2 years in a row that's screwed up is pretty slim.

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Deadeye, when i'm pouring my seed into my hopper, I can't help but to look at it. I've never used WMS products because they don't carry it around here. I'm guessing, you planted it too thick and the radish shaded out everything else. The odds of getting seed 2 years in a row that's screwed up is pretty slim.

This is possible but not probable. There’s no way 5 fields would turn out the same way and the fact that the wms guy looked at the left over bag I had and agreed with me.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 09:42 PM

I know some guys who plant nothing but radishes. did the deer not like them?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 10:04 PM

Deer love radishes in my area

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/23/19 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
I know some guys who plant nothing but radishes. did the deer not like them?

They ate at the tops of-them sparingly and when bush hogged the ground was full of radishes . They may be a good company I’m just sharing my experience with them though I’ve heard very good reports about them unfortunately my experience wasn’t stellar
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 03:36 AM

Add another vote for WMS being great seeds. Have had really good success with growth and deer utilization for the two years we have planted both winter and summer plots.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 12:11 PM

I've used Deer Magnet several years, good product , I like the ingredients better than Alabama Blend.
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
I've used Deer Magnet several years, good product , I like the ingredients better than Alabama Blend.

Ive always used the Alabama blend and TritcaleOats. But I've seen so many people talk up the deer magnet that Im gunna give it a shot this year. Hows it hold up to heavy usage?
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 02:27 PM

We are going with WMS Alabama Blend for our lease in Fayette this year...
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernRoots
Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Ive always used the Alabama blend and TritcaleOats. But I've seen so many people talk up the deer magnet that Im gunna give it a shot this year. Hows it hold up to heavy usage?

Very well , I like the black oats and triticale combo. Holds up well in cold weather too. Alabama Blend has wheat if I remember correctly, never been a fan of wheat , lots of farmers up here plant it as fall crop , I like to offer something different.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 09:14 PM

How much does it cost per bag???
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 10:30 PM

$38-50 a bag depending on blend
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 10:40 PM

I can blend the ingredients seperate sooo much cheaper
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: WMS brand seed - 08/25/19 10:57 PM

PM 257.