Aldeer.com

Electric fence

Posted By: Joe4majors

Electric fence - 07/29/19 03:51 PM

Has anyone put up an electric fence to protect summer plots recently? Only need to do about an acre. If so, I wonder if these kits are better or piecing it together myself. Any guesses at the cost?
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Electric fence - 07/30/19 03:17 AM

We came out cheaper buying it individually. But the cheapest way is using plotsaver fencing system. We used both and the plotsaver worked just as good as the electric.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Electric fence - 07/31/19 03:29 AM

I did a 3 wire Gallagher type fence for several years until I got my bean field big enough they can’t overwhelm it.It worked great. Sorta wish I had put it up a while this year. They have been hammering harder this year than ever. Thank goodness for Eagle Beans they take a lickin and keep on tickin. Even so the field is definitely not th chest high jungle it has been before.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Electric fence - 07/31/19 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JustHunt
We came out cheaper buying it individually. But the cheapest way is using plotsaver fencing system. We used both and the plotsaver worked just as good as the electric.

I actually have a plotsaver fence system in the basement. It worked "ok" a few years ago. I'll give it a try again next year. Thanks for the reminder/recommendation.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Electric fence - 08/01/19 06:46 AM

Just get some plastic trail marking pink ribbon then cut some bamboo wrap the pink tape three or 4 times around the bamboo perimeter. Make sur eyou only fence a portion of the plot, leaving the deer an easy area to access helps keep them out of the fenced area
© 2024 ALDEER.COM