Aldeer.com

Cultipacker

Posted By: k bush

Cultipacker - 03/09/19 06:46 PM

Richardson Farms on Hwy 43 in Leroy has a cultipacker by the road for sale. Also an older grain drill. No one idea on price
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Cultipacker - 03/14/19 03:19 PM

That cultipacker is a pull behind, or at least the one I saw is. Not sure how good it would be for food plots.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Cultipacker - 03/14/19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
That cultipacker is a pull behind, or at least the one I saw is. Not sure how good it would be for food plots.

I use a 10' pull behind and it works great. What would be your concern?
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Cultipacker - 03/14/19 07:30 PM

Pros - A pull behind works better than a 3 point because it does a much better job of following the contour of the ground if the field is not on completely level ground. And you can make turns. That's what real farmers used that's why there are so many around.

Cons - you've got to pull it from one field to the next and that could be a problem or bust rollers on rocks, etc.

Best - one on wheels.

I have never used a cultimuncher for food plots myself only to level fields.. I'm thinking about trying one and taking the middle rows of spring tines off it so it won't bury the seed.

Maybe that is the ultimate setup if you've got room to get around with it. I'm considering giving it a shot over a standard cultipacker.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: Cultipacker - 03/14/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al

My concern would be pulling it from plot to plot. The roads we have (and most people have) aren't exactly built for that.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Cultipacker - 03/17/19 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al

My concern would be pulling it from plot to plot. The roads we have (and most people have) aren't exactly built for that.

Weld a frame on it so you can flip it over onto tires to pull from one place to another.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Cultipacker - 03/17/19 09:40 PM

All the pull behind cultipackers for tractors, which I have seen were hydraulic with wheels.
Double row as well.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Cultipacker - 03/18/19 01:08 AM

[Linked Image]

This is the one at Richardson’s.
Not sure of price. But, I ride by twice a day. LOL
Posted By: k bush

Re: Cultipacker - 03/18/19 03:52 PM

I'm really surprised it's been there a couple of weeks.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Cultipacker - 03/18/19 04:01 PM

It’s all throw and mows fault
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Cultipacker - 03/18/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
It’s all throw and mows fault

Yep. My fields look awesome. I didn't disc, or cultipack.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM