Aldeer.com

QDMA Seed Program

Posted By: Squadron77

QDMA Seed Program - 01/09/19 01:24 PM

I received the order form on the QDMA Seed Program. When I placed an order I was told they did not have enough interest and could not get enough orders to meet their min of 400 bags. Aren't these good prices?

Corn 90-110 day not glyphosate resistant. $9 / 50lb bag
Sorgrum $9 / 50lb bag
Soybean group1 beans and are glyohosate resistant $9 / 50lb bag
Wheat $9 / 50lb bag
Posted By: Mully

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/09/19 01:30 PM

I would say all of those are excellent prices minus the wheat. I think on a normal year GA Gore or EK102 wheat is generally in the $9-12/bag range.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/09/19 01:48 PM

I wouldn't plant corn that's not RR.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/09/19 03:00 PM

Yea, they sent a notice to me, but I would have had to rejoin the QDMA to get the seed, and after they closed down the forum like they did, they can kiss my a**. Besides you were going to have to drive a long ways to pick up the seed.
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 01:31 AM

Group 1 soybeans are not good for Alabama. They are planted in the upper Midwest and Canada the places with short growing seasons. You need a group 5 or later for deer here in Alabama.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 01:38 AM

You damn sure do. Even a group7,8 won't overcome browsing in most areas.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 01:59 AM

NWTF offers about the same thing to its members.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rmart30
NWTF offers about the same thing to its members.

Yep, and pretty much all their stuff is RR
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 08:19 PM

Do not waste your money on NWTF beans. The past two years the bags I've pruchased have had a very low germ rate and I've had bad luck with them. The NWTF corn and milo has done well though.

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 09:28 PM

Beans don't carry over anyways due to high oil content so stay away from anyone's carry over beans

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 01/11/19 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Beans don't carry over anyways due to high oil content so stay away from anyone's carry over beans

I can attest to this. I saved some seed from a previous year and planted it, and I don't think a single seed sprouted. Total fail.
Posted By: Thefofive

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 04:02 AM

Several years ago, I planted soybeans from the NWTF (they were from Canada) AND Eagle beans. The NWTF beans blew up and were doing great and then... boom... they matured quickly and died. Like died WAAAAAY too quickly!! They weren't worth the effort to plant them.

Meanwhile, the Eagle Brand soybeans blew up and grew like crazy and lasted until September. I'll never plant NWTF soybeans again.

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 04:04 AM

Well that’s the difference in a determinate full season bean and an indeterminate early maturing bean.
Posted By: Willyb

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 06:46 AM

I agree with Squeaky. It’s fine to use nwtf corn but I wouldn’t do the beans. You won’t be happy with the results.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Willyb
I agree with Squeaky. It’s fine to use nwtf corn but I wouldn’t do the beans. You won’t be happy with the results.

Would they not be good for spring antler development and nursing does?

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by sumpter_al

They might be. But he's saying if you're going to go through all the trouble, hassle, expense, and diesel, plant some better seeds.
Posted By: hallb

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270

They might be. But he's saying if you're going to go through all the trouble, hassle, expense, and diesel, plant some better seeds.

I think he's saying just using them as feed, protein...not planting them. I think that NWTF does not want you doing that with the seed gotten from their program.

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/12/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by hallb
Originally Posted by Remington270

I think he's saying just using them as feed, protein...not planting them. I think that NWTF does not want you doing that with the seed gotten from their program.

Any kind of seed is going to have all sorts of nasty fungicide on them. Not a good feed.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/13/19 04:30 PM

Are there any NWTF chapters around here that get the corn? I need a few bags this year if I can get them.
Posted By: BradB

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/13/19 04:54 PM

Is the corn Round Up ready?If it is and there is anyone around the Fort Rucker area who can get it, I would gladly trade a turkey hunting trip for a bag or two and I will pay for the corn.
Posted By: Willyb

Re: QDMA Seed Program - 02/14/19 06:18 AM

I’m saying that I would not recommend planting NWTF soybeans. You will not be happy with the results if you do.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM