Aldeer.com

Trimming pine limbs

Posted By: JD_Deer_Slayer

Trimming pine limbs - 12/05/18 09:42 PM

Will trimming pine limbs hurt or affect the growth of pines? I’m wanting to trim a bunch of pine lanes after the season but not if it will hurt the trees
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Trimming pine limbs - 12/06/18 12:02 AM

As long as you don’t cut the top out of the tree, you will be fine trimming limbs.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Trimming pine limbs - 12/07/18 12:19 PM

Several years I went to the camp a couple weeks after season and heard strange noises a couple hundred yards away I could not ID. Ended up by being two van loads of migrant workers with twenty foot hand operated pole saws pruning a stand of planted pines after the first thinning. Talk about some pretty timber now.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Trimming pine limbs - 12/07/18 01:44 PM

Heck no it won't hurt them. Not a bit. And I wouldn't wait till the end of season. Trim them and hunt them now.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Trimming pine limbs - 12/07/18 05:26 PM

Make sure to cut the limbs off flush with the trunk of the tree. Cutting them inches from the trunk can cause really knotty lumber. Most of the time lessor's don't mind the trimming as long as you don't negatively impact growth or quality.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Trimming pine limbs - 12/11/18 12:32 AM

trimmed a bunch of long leaf limbs around a stand this week then sat in the stand same afternoon and figured out a few more that have to go before January! 16 ft extendable saw is your friend. and I did trim close to the trunk!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM