Aldeer.com

Soybean questions and post soybean questions

Posted By: jbatey1

Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/19/18 07:50 PM

On average when do soybeans get harvested in North Alabama? End of September through the End of October?

We most likely won't be able to leave any of the soybeans standing for the deer this year. So my question is, What would be good to plant after the beans get harvested? The fields are large so we will be looking at planting the corners of the fields or etc.

We've always planted plots at the 2nd weekend of Sept. at my previous club (because that was what the club "always did") So I'm not sure how waiting another month or two would effect planting options.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/19/18 08:09 PM

Depends on maturity of bean. If it's a group 3-4 it'll be coming out mid sept. We're actually gonna get some late 3's out this week. If they're late 4's and planted later then late sept early oct. if a group 5 determinate then won't come out til early November. Just depends. Plant wheat rye in behind it. All you'll have to do is just scratch the stubble to incorporate the seed and you'll be fine and can plant all way up to thanksgiving easily.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/19/18 11:12 PM

I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff. Wheat Rye, do you mean Wheat and Rye.

And another question, Do most farmers plant a cover crop? or is that depending from farmer to farmer?

Re: Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/19/18 11:16 PM

Depends on farmer and land if they cover crop. The new CSP and equip program will have a lot more doing it just depends on grower. Yes I mean wheat plus rye.
Posted By: Willyb

Re: Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/20/18 03:34 AM

What is the new CSP and equipment program you are referring to?

Re: Soybean questions and post soybean questions - 08/20/18 03:45 AM

Conservation Stewardship Program
Eqip ( Environmental Quality Improvement Plan) is an environmental improvement program

Both are for better nutrient, water, carbon retention in soil. Involve a BMP program using cover crops, no till, water way usage etc. all can be found at local NRCS offices
© 2024 ALDEER.COM