Aldeer.com

Weed ID and help killing it

Posted By: Strictlybow

Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 12:05 AM

[Linked Image]

I spray this summer plot with Cleth and Butyrac every year. And Sedghammer. Everything else is dying but this stuff is thriving. Seems like ever year something new gives me fits.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 12:43 AM

That's nightshade. Dicamba or 24d will get it in a burndown situation. AKA groundcherry

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 12:53 AM

Thanks 257.

Anything you know of that I can spray that won’t hurt my Alyceclover and Jointvetch?

Thought about making a wiper and using gly if I can’t spray.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 12:59 AM

Well no. Only hope is to try the wick if you want to keep those growing. No selective material I know of that'll leave those crops alone

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 01:11 AM

That’s what I thought. Appreciate the help.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
That's nightshade. Dicamba or 24d will get it in a burndown situation. AKA groundcherry
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 02:06 PM

How large of an area is it? I hand pull weeds up by the roots when I can't spray, but you get better them before they get outta hand or you will work yourself to death. You can also just spot spray.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/13/18 10:54 PM

I have spot sprayed. Also sprayed the whole field with Butyrac and Cleth. Everything else is dead but this stuff is thriving. I have pulled them up before but they came on strong this year. This field is 1 1/2 acres and they are thick on a third of it.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/14/18 01:40 AM

I hand pull stuff also but ive kept the coffee weed in check which is my biggest problem
Posted By: CNC

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/14/18 02:42 AM

Iffin you ever find yourself on one of the survival shows.....ground cherry is an edible wild plant. It's in the tomatio family err something like that..... Like baby tomatoes.....
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/14/18 07:33 PM

I battled that stuff for years in my chufa plots, but when I started using Milestone it eradicated it. Switch to growing chufas and you can get rid of it. smile
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/14/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Iffin you ever find yourself on one of the survival shows.....ground cherry is an edible wild plant. It's in the tomatio family err something like that..... Like baby tomatoes.....

You sure? I thought nightshade was poisonous??
Posted By: CNC

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/14/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by BamaPlowboy
Originally Posted by CNC

You sure? I thought nightshade was poisonous??

I believe nightshade and groundcherry are actually two different plants. I think the plant in the pic is ground cherry. Aren't there are few of those paper balls that holds the fruit already hanging from it or am I seeing things.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 12:49 AM

Groundcherry is in nightshade family.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 03:28 AM

I’m gonna bush hog it this next week to knock it back and see what happens. Won’t hurt the AC and JV. It’ll keep on keeping on. I’m guessing after the nightshade is cut back it’ll be done.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 04:43 AM

Pretty much yes. Summer annual.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 02:14 PM

the fruit is edible, the rest of the plant is not.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 09:28 PM

What does it taste like Skinny? And how do you eat it?

Hell it doesn’t matter. I just got thru bagging up some Bonita strips for a buddy of mine that wants to cook some. Tried to talk him out of it but it looks like we’re gonna try Bonita this week.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/15/18 10:25 PM

Gross. Bobo strips only good for king mackerel trolling

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/16/18 02:09 AM

He caught a 40# cobia yesterday and he wants to eat bait. Dumbass.

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/16/18 02:12 AM

What a shame.
Posted By: CCC

Re: Weed ID and help killing it - 07/16/18 06:40 PM

Cobia is not edible and needs to be disposed of properly. Please send address and I will pick up for disposal.

Bonito is only good for bait. it makes a hell of a bait for everything from snapper to swordfish.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM