Aldeer.com

Planting time

Posted By: BradB

Planting time - 05/21/18 08:27 PM

Well with last weeks forecast calling for 80-100% chance of rain Tuesday through Friday, I packed up Saturday week and headed north. Busted my arse for two and 1/2 days and then did not see any appreciable rain until Friday nite before I headed home. Luckily we have caught some last weekend and the seeds should be happy.Must be nice having a job where its OK to be wrong more than your right.Anyway, got the big field planted with 6.5 acres of beans/corn and a 40 foot perimeter with a screening mix.

[Linked Image]

Also have a new plot with poor soils so it got buckwheat, sunn hemp and climbing peas. Disced and spread this one since there was not lot of plant mass to do throw and mow.

[Linked Image]

The clover next to it is doing well. I mowed it and will spray in a couple of weeks.

[Linked Image]

And another plot I tried the same mix planted throw and mow because it had a good amount of bio mass.

[Linked Image]

Ought to have a lot of green showing in a week or so with the weather.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Planting time - 05/22/18 01:00 AM

Wish I could have planted yesterday
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Planting time - 05/22/18 01:35 AM

Looks good! Got all mine planted this weekend too. Did a 3ac bean/corn split, 2 hoppers with corn and 2 with beans. Also got a 8 ac sunflower field planted for some doves! What’s in your screening mix? I’ve tried some Egyptian wheat once as a border but it got a little rank on me on fell over.
Posted By: C3SEAST

Re: Planting time - 05/22/18 01:48 AM

It rained on your place all afternoon today. You should be in good shape.

Re: Planting time - 05/22/18 02:15 AM

The screen mix is Sunn Hemp , Buckwheat, Red Ripper climbing peas and Teosinate. Makes a 8+ Foot high wall of deer quail and turkey groceries.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Planting time - 05/22/18 12:06 PM

Good timing......looks like it's gonna rain from now on according to the weather channel website. I don't recall the last time we've had 80-90% rain chances for over a week.

Re: Planting time - 05/23/18 04:06 PM

We got green after 10 days in the ground.Rain is a good thing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not deer food but Blueberries like the rain too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mom said they are sweet too.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Planting time - 05/27/18 09:07 PM

I don't plant for summer.
They eat enough peaches already.

Re: Planting time - 05/30/18 04:52 PM

I think its time for it to quit raining

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Planting time - 05/30/18 06:05 PM

I wish I had gotten mine in a few weeks ago. It's going to be time to plant a fall plot before it dries out enough to plant.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM