Aldeer.com

Basal bark/stump treatment

Posted By: kntree

Basal bark/stump treatment - 12/22/17 11:45 PM

I like to get stuff done before it gets too hot. Does basal bark treatment or stump spraying work in early march or do you have to wait until plants/trees are more actively growing in april, may, june?
Posted By: RiverWood

Re: Basal bark/stump treatment - 12/23/17 07:50 AM

Basal bark treatment works great now. Only time not to use basal treatment is in Spring. Best time is late Summer and Fall. The xyleme (sap) flowing up in the Spring takes herbicides up the tree with it. In the Fall or Winter the phloem (sap) take herbicide to roots for total kill. During dormant season, now, the herbicide will go to roots for total kill. I’ve used it extensively to battle privet and mimosa. I use Pathfinder plus Arsenal and marker dye. About 100% effective
Posted By: kntree

Re: Basal bark/stump treatment - 12/23/17 09:27 PM

I could've swore I read somewhere like alabama cooperative extension to spray while active. You're info sounds correct though. Anyways i'll be using the same, triclopyr and sub in diesel for the arsenal. My plan is to kill every bit of privet, wisteria, and sweetgums on the property. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Basal bark/stump treatment - 01/08/18 07:22 AM

Be careful with Arsenal in hardwood stands. I would stick with the Garlon 4 for basal bark treatments and use crop oil instead of diesel.
Posted By: bushhogbowhunter

Re: Basal bark/stump treatment - 01/30/18 03:34 AM

I've been reading on tryclopr 4. How do you mix your diesel? The instruction I read said to make enough for 100 gallons of diesel.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM