Aldeer.com

New Plot

Posted By: BradB

New Plot - 09/29/17 09:11 AM

For the first time ever I had a plot literally eaten down to the dirt. Probably due to the fact that the adjoining 200 acres was clear cut last summer. The only solution would be to make it bigger.Last trip up I called the dozer man.

Before

During

Dozer's Done

Disced and planted

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 09:41 AM

And three days after it went in the ground I got green

Posted By: bambam32

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 10:33 AM

Nice!
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 12:44 PM

Looks good. put up a few baskets to see just how much they are eating.
Posted By: C3SEAST

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 12:46 PM

That oughta draw in all those ole big bucks living on the hill behind Patel's Luxury Inn. Good looking plot.
Posted By: CNC

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 01:44 PM

thumbup

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 03:43 PM

C3 you must've one of those computer savvy guys. Those bucks behind the Patel Hotel will have a pretty good hike and a road to cross to get to this field. Plus they probably won't go any further than my south neighbor who feeds them real good. You local to me? If so get up with me come season and we can go chase one .Haven't personally met any of the Aldeer club yet. I hunt by myself most of the time because the one buddy who I let out there has a real job and family and I enjoy having company. Darn sight safer too.
Posted By: C3SEAST

Re: New Plot - 09/29/17 11:39 PM

I grew up hunting all around you. When the rut gets going, cruising bucks will cross the flat by the bridge on Harris Rd. Find the pinch point in that bottom and hunt it in the mornings. I think it'll surprise you how far some of those deer will come from.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM