Aldeer.com

Spinoff**NWTF Soybean Thread** Soybean Growth Rate

Posted By: Reptar

Spinoff**NWTF Soybean Thread** Soybean Growth Rate - 06/21/17 10:16 AM

Reading the NWTF Soybean Thread regarding slower growth rate triggered a question pertaining to the Eagle Brand Forage Beans.

I have planted 2 separate 2 acre fields (Within 300 Yards of each other) in the Eagle Brand Forage Soybeans (inoculant not used), this was my first year planting them. I also planted a 1.5 acre field of I/C peas near them as well. 5 weeks after planting date the I/C peas were 1' - 1'6" tall and beginning to receive browse pressure. The soybeans were anywhere between 3" - 8" but well behind the I/C peas. I did not notice any browse pressure on the beans.

Is it common that Forage beans or Soybeans develop slower than the I/C peas? Or is this a result of the lack of inoculant?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Spinoff**NWTF Soybean Thread** Soybean Growth Rate - 06/21/17 10:17 PM

If some of the soybeans are 3 inches tall after 5 weeks, they're either getting browsed (my guess) or in some really bad soil, or both. From the reading I've done, innoculant will increase yield, but it's not a deal breaker.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Spinoff**NWTF Soybean Thread** Soybean Growth Rate - 06/23/17 06:45 AM

They still have a few of these bags left. Is it too late to plant them now with the slow grow rate?
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: Spinoff**NWTF Soybean Thread** Soybean Growth Rate - 06/29/17 11:49 AM

I planted 3 weeks ago this Saturday, and my beans are exceeding 6-7" in height already
© 2024 ALDEER.COM