Aldeer.com

Atv spreaders

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Atv spreaders - 01/23/17 11:35 AM

How hard is it to get your seeding rates right with a mounted or pull behind atv spreaders?
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Atv spreaders - 01/23/17 03:28 PM

It is hard to get it right the first time. I have used my mounted seeder enough I have a good idea, but I usually just close the hole up so I know I can get coverage and then go back over the field till the hopper is empty. It makes it harder because pure wheat and rye will flow quickly, oats slow it down and if you don't really close up the hole on small clover size seeds it will be all gone real quick. Your ATV speed makes a big difference also.
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: Atv spreaders - 01/23/17 03:48 PM

Moultrie with the electric feed gate works great It has 6 settings for the opening.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Atv spreaders - 01/24/17 10:11 PM

^^^^ great spreader
Posted By: CD

Re: Atv spreaders - 01/29/17 02:43 PM

I have a tow-behind and I usually just keep the gate more closed and make more passes to get even coverage. I know ahead of time how many bags go on each plot, so I just keep making passes until that many bags are gone. It takes a few mins longer, but it's no big deal to me. CD.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Atv spreaders - 02/03/17 11:43 PM

I have a Moultrie mounted to the front of the ATV so I can see what it's doing. I've been using it nearly 10 years now so I know what it will do. It only holds 100 lbs so I only use it for clover and small plots, but it works ok
Posted By: volfan

Re: Atv spreaders - 02/04/17 11:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Snowman257wby
Moultrie with the electric feed gate works great It has 6 settings for the opening.

Until the teeth strip off of gate. You can't get replacement parts. They want to sell you the
Whole motor until.
Posted By: Kevinpmac

Re: Atv spreaders - 02/14/17 03:41 PM

I use the larger Buyers ATV mounted model and go conservative on the flow rate to ensure uniform coverage like some said earlier.

Spreading seed is not the time to get in a hurry.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM