Aldeer.com

DMAP coming back?

Posted By: Yelp softly

DMAP coming back? - 08/23/15 06:16 PM

Last year we had an ADCNR rep come to our annual hunting club meeting. We were told that they anticipated revamping the DMAP program. We expressed an interest in joining and were asked to collect jawbones and observation data. We turned in our jawbones from this past season but haven't heard anything or seen anything written about it. Anybody know anything? I'm more interested in getting the jawbone data back but some doe tags for the upcoming season wouldn't be bad either since they scaled back to 1/day.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/23/15 06:18 PM

Nighthunter is yer huckleberry.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/23/15 09:19 PM

Nighthunter
Posted By: top cat

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 01:57 PM

We have been on it over 20 years. Data usually gets back to us in September. Good program. Hope yall stick with it thumbup
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 02:45 PM

Call me. 256-302-3619

I will handle any issue you have.
Posted By: top cat

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 08:46 PM

Y S. Call the man. He is serious...and wants to answer any question you may have.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 08:55 PM

Will do. I think our club could benefit greatly from some of this data.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 09:11 PM

I'm curious to hear what they say Y.S. keep me in the loop about it if you don't mind

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/24/15 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7
I'm curious to hear what they say Y.S. keep me in the loop about it if you don't mind

I can answer any question you have here or via phone. Unless it is club specific then of course you'll need to be a member.

Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/25/15 07:26 AM

N.H,
Just hunt pretty close to him and curious to hear what they have to say about the herd. Our club used to send away the jawbones and kill data every yr,for approx 10 years,and it was always the same info: shoot more does,and target mature bucks.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/29/15 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7
N.H,
Just hunt pretty close to him and curious to hear what they have to say about the herd. Our club used to send away the jawbones and kill data every yr,for approx 10 years,and it was always the same info: shoot more does,and target mature bucks.

Sounds about like our usual results. Only thing I've seen from all the herd management and habitat improvement we've done the last 15 years is increase live weight of does. Haven't seen any noticeable change in size or number of bucks. Turkey population on the other hand has exploded

Re: DMAP coming back? - 08/30/15 09:21 PM

Well, it is different now. You will get more in depth reports and more on-site visits. BUT... the DMP is not intended to increase your buck quality, at least directly. It is a deer herd and habitat health/improvement and educational program. Hopefully for most, increased antler quality will be a byproduct but not always. We can't control the on-the-ground habitat management practices that usually impact antler growth. Sometimes the deer quality does go up dramatically but those deer are harvested due to poor hunting practices.

Again. DMP=Deer herd health, habitat health, and hunter/manager education program.
Posted By: Climber1

Re: DMAP coming back? - 09/01/15 11:12 AM

What is the minimum acreage to get in the program?

Re: DMAP coming back? - 09/01/15 02:16 PM

500 acres to enroll in DMP. If you just need some technical assistance, there is no acreage requirement but obviously you wouldn't be in the program. We will still help you with any questions or concerns you have about wildlife/habitat/hunter management.
Posted By: Climber1

Re: DMAP coming back? - 09/02/15 11:10 AM

Thanks man. I'm the guy over near you (Holly Pond) that you looked at this spring. I don't meet the acreage requirements but thanks for the info.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM