Aldeer.com

WHITE CLOVER

Posted By: Turkeymaster

WHITE CLOVER - 07/27/15 12:33 PM

best thing to spray with to kill everything but the clover itself. I don't have a single food plot over .5 acre. mixing proportions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: WHITE CLOVER - 07/27/15 02:15 PM

After reading a lot of the info here, I sprayed ours with 2,4DB to kill the broadleaf weeds and a separate application of clethodim (Arrow2EC) to kill the grasses. Let me also add that the label for 2,4DB does not indicate that it's safe for clover use. It seemed to kill the crap out of our Yuchi Arrowleaf clover but the native white clover seemed to rebound pretty well.

As far as giving you mixing proportions, I would need to know the rate at which your sprayer is calibrated to spray. The rates on both of those items are in ounces or quarts per acre. For example, our sprayer is calibrated to spray approximately 12-13 gallons per acre at 4mph. Since the rates for clethodim are 6-16oz/acre, I use 40-48oz of clethodim for a 50 gallon tank. I can spray about 4 acres on a tank and the fields get 10-12oz of clethodim per acre as prescribed.
Posted By: Mully

Re: WHITE CLOVER - 07/27/15 05:17 PM

I use exact thing Yelp said and spray my clover and chufas with it.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: WHITE CLOVER - 07/29/15 09:46 PM

I gotta admit, I've read on here where folks say they've sprayed clover with Roundup and not killed the clover. I didn't believe it until I sprayed my yard with Roundup this spring. I think it perked up the "wild" Dutch White clover in my yard....
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: WHITE CLOVER - 07/30/15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I gotta admit, I've read on here where folks say they've sprayed clover with Roundup and not killed the clover. I didn't believe it until I sprayed my yard with Roundup this spring. I think it perked up the "wild" Dutch White clover in my yard....

I did the same thing last year and most everyone who commented gave me verbal lashings so I figured I'd try and do it the right way this year. I was reading on the QDMA site that some people just use a generic round up like CORNERSTONE and put a light dose. from what I read they had solid results and it would just stunt the clover for a few weeks
Posted By: hitek

Re: WHITE CLOVER - 07/30/15 02:25 PM

I started spraying my clover fields with gly at 2oz per gallon. Seems to work fine as my clover plot keeps growing...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM