Aldeer.com

Turkey Hunting Lease Only

Posted By: jrs0050

Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 11:19 AM

Looking for a turkey hunting only lease in Montgomery, Bullock, Macon, or Lee County. Father and Son will be the only ones hunting. Very experienced turkey hunters, and will only harvest mature gobblers.
Posted By: bill

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: jrs0050
Looking for a turkey hunting only lease in Montgomery, Bullock, Macon, or Lee County. Father and Son will be the only ones hunting. Very experienced turkey hunters, and will only harvest mature gobblers.

I'll ask first. How do you determine a mature gobbler?
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: bill
My guess is that he is just saying they ain't gonna shoot jakes. If he is saying something else....then this will get interesting. grin
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 11:35 AM

Sit in a blind over milo and study spurs with binoculars OR he was just stating they wouldn't shoot Jakes.

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 11:40 AM

Not going to shoot jakes, bud.
Posted By: bill

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD
My guess is that he is just saying they ain't gonna shoot jakes. If he is saying something else....then this will get interesting. grin

I won't shoot a 2 year old, myself. I wait till they get big enough for their dew claws to leave a track.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/26/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD

I won't shoot a 2 year old, myself. I wait till they get big enough for their dew claws to leave a track.

I wait to get them close enough to age their teeth when they gobble! wink
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/28/15 12:34 PM

jrs, good luck with finding a turkey hunting lease. I have lived here for over 30 years and I have only found one tract of land, nearly 400 acres where the landowner granted me permission to turkey rights. He hunted deer but had no interest in turkeys. If you do get lucky enough to find a place, it likely be expensive, so if you need a hunting buddy to share the cost with, give me a shout.

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/28/15 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: muzziehead
jrs, good luck with finding a turkey hunting lease. I have lived here for over 30 years and I have only found one tract of land, nearly 400 acres where the landowner granted me permission to turkey rights. He hunted deer but had no interest in turkeys. If you do get lucky enough to find a place, it likely be expensive, so if you need a hunting buddy to share the cost with, give me a shout.

Yea sounds like we are in the same boat. I have turkey rights in a place right outside of Montgomery me and my dad have been hunting for about 15 years, but Montgomery is moving east and a lot of housing developments are starting to surround my honey hole. Still able to kill birds but the population has gone down significantly. So just going ahead trying to find a back up plan.
Posted By: casper36092

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/30/15 11:29 AM

I have 340 acres in reeltown we were thing of selling a turkey membership to if you are interested send me a pm
Posted By: sj22

Re: Turkey Hunting Lease Only - 01/30/15 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: casper36092
I have 340 acres in reeltown we were thing of selling a turkey membership to if you are interested send me a pm

PM SENT
© 2024 ALDEER.COM