Aldeer.com

choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO.

Posted By: bman53

choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/23/14 11:03 PM

Anyone have any information on Choctaw Bluff Hunting Club? rates? contacts? or any information on good trophy clubs in choctaw county. Looking for membership for next year 2015-16. thanks
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/23/14 11:18 PM

Good luck grin
Posted By: gmterry

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/23/14 11:21 PM

Again, Good Luck... Fine place, but memberships are usually handed down through families.
Posted By: k bush

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/24/14 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: bman53
Anyone have any information on Choctaw Bluff Hunting Club? rates? contacts? or any information on good trophy clubs in choctaw county. Looking for membership for next year 2015-16. thanks

Yeah, call Sandy Stimpson at the mayors office in Mobile, LOL. You do know that it's not in Choctaw Co.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/24/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: k bush
Originally Posted By: bman53

Yeah, call Sandy Stimpson at the mayors office in Mobile, LOL. You do know that it's not in Choctaw Co.

I thought the same thing, kbush.....2 totally different areas!

If you have deep enough pockets and the right connections, Choctaw Bluff can be joined. It had 2 openings this year. But, I can't even afford one of the monthly 'fees'.....much less every month PLUS the membership! LOL
Posted By: seachaser

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/24/14 12:42 PM

Better have DEEP pockets and connections. My ex BIL was the overseerer there for several years. I was lucky enough to hunt it some. Unbeleivable place.
Posted By: bman53

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/24/14 01:28 PM

Yea it's in Clarke co. Just heard it was good. Don't know the costs.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 12:58 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ X10

Yep, that ought to cover it laugh

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 02:23 PM

The only ones that are even considered for a membership are the ones that never have to ask "How much?".....because their financial status makes costs irrelevant.

smile
Posted By: seachaser

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 04:14 PM

Went on the annual family thanksgiving hunt one time. My god the women had on jewelry that cost more than my truck. Even got paid to be a driver,LOL
Posted By: MTeague

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 07:22 PM

So what makes this place so special?

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 08:19 PM

Honestly....nothing.

It is a huge chunk of land, with a lot of game. But, it is only a few miles from my place and is not very different at all.

It is just an exclusive club.
Posted By: shooters

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 08:28 PM

Where do I get an application?? They would love me! rofl
Posted By: charlie

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/25/14 09:47 PM

It's not always about killing the biggest deer for everybody. All of those guys could afford to hunt much better land. It's close to mobile and like others said it is exclusive, and a good bit of land, and a lot is just tradition.
Posted By: augustus_65

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 11:22 AM

There are a lot of old clubs along the Tombigbee in Washington and Clarke County. Bull Pen, Double Gates, Choctaw Bluff and several others have all been in existence for years and are owned by large timber holding families. The beauty of those clubs lies in the large river bottom land and the combination with some upland pine hills. There are some good deer killed on those clubs by Southwest Alabama standards but the true attraction lies in the tradition and the access to hunt all types of game from deer, hogs and turkey to ducks and other small game. I've had the chance to hunt at some great clubs with friends over the years at Turkey Creek near Bladon Springs and Paul's Bayou at Malcolm. They share some similar traits with the other clubs but aren't quite as exclusive. My Dad grew up hunting in the river swamp near Malcolm in the 50s and 60s. I love hearing his stories about running dogs in those big river bottom swamps.
Posted By: augustus_65

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 11:50 AM

Here's a link to a great article by Tom Kelly about the protocol at Choctaw Bluff.

Short Spurs Article
Posted By: Surefire1911

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 12:32 PM

We just built a house for a guy that's in it. Big time banker of sorts. Really nice guy and like others have stated, pocket better be deep.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: shooters

Me and you couldn't pay the monthly upkeep fees...

Great people though. I enjoyed my time on the place when I was invited down a couple of times. You would never know the owners have the kind of money they do. Top notch folks. That is one thing about SW AL. Fine people.
Posted By: shooters

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter

Great people though. I enjoyed my time on the place when I was invited down a couple of times. You would never know the owners have the kind of money they do. Top notch folks. That is one thing about SW AL. Fine people.
I could trap all there coyotes and hogs AND wear a shoffers hat and take them back and fourth to theirs stands! grin

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 01:24 PM

I did forget to mention that the current Over-seer, Jim Perrine, is 2nd cousin to Samaje Perrine...the kid at Oklahoma who just broke the all-time Rushing Record. Samaje is actually originally from Choctaw Bluff.
So, shooters, you are gonna have to get something more to elevate your Celebrity Status! LOL

smile

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/26/14 01:26 PM

As stated by several....it IS a special place. But, it is not the Hunting. It is the Tradition and Atmosphere!

And, yes, the Stimpson's are top-notch folks!
Posted By: North40R

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 11/27/14 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter

Appreciate the compliment NightHunter!
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/16/21 04:31 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I was trying to find some info about a place I believe the Stimpson's ran on Highway 43 in Mobile County. I may be wrong, but I was just curious what the place was. If it was a hunting club.

I understand that Choctaw Bluff is an exclusive hunting club in Clarke County. I remember seeing an episode on Hunting the Country from Mossy Oak about where Mr. Fox Haas hunted for several years and then went back to visit.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/17/21 01:58 AM

You may be in search of Bull Pen Hunting Club which is actually in the edge of Washington Co between Sunflower and Export Landing and West Bassett;s Creek. i do know that Mr Billy Stimpson did hunt turkeys there when I hunted across the creek from them from 89-06ish. Hope that helps.
This club is also exclusive and mostly Mobilians.
Posted By: RareBreed

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/18/21 02:44 AM

You may can pick up my spot as I’m foregoing my membership. I’m looking for something a little more exclusive. If anyone knows of anything out there that’s in the 200K range, I’m interested. Preferably billionaire clientele.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/18/21 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by RareBreed
You may can pick up my spot as I’m foregoing my membership. I’m looking for something a little more exclusive. If anyone knows of anything out there that’s in the 200K range, I’m interested. Preferably billionaire clientele.
I appreciate the interest, but we aren’t currently taking any peasants.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/18/21 04:01 PM

I think that Bull Pen's club budget was about $300K and that was back around 2004 or 2005. Membership list a a who's who of old Mobile and Baldwin county money and businessmen. No telling what the dues are now. Membership to Bull Pen is by invitation only and if you have to ask, you're not invited. Unless something has drastically changed, Choctaw Bluff is not a public club. Stimpson family and close friends only. As others have said, they are very good people.
Posted By: James

Re: choctaw bluff hunting club or clubs in choctaw CO. - 03/19/21 03:50 AM

Meh
© 2024 ALDEER.COM