Aldeer.com

Trophy Club

Posted By: bloodtrail

Trophy Club - 09/10/14 10:53 AM

Looking for 2 members. Over 6,000 acres close to Plantersville. 10 members total. All bucks must be shoulder mounted. Camper space available. Walk in cooler. Low pressure weekend type hunters, no drama queens allowed. $2,200
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 11:26 AM

Where is plantersville
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 11:28 AM

That's what I'm talkin bout! That sounds like a good one. That is a pile of property for only 10 people.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerslyer86
Where is plantersville

Bout midways between Selma and Clanton
Posted By: hallb

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 11:32 AM

I like the must get shoulder mounted rule. People really think twice about whether that is a deer they want to spend an additional $400 on or not. It is part of our rules as well.
Posted By: kaintuck

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 04:27 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: hallb
I like the must get shoulder mounted rule. People really think twice about whether that is a deer they want to spend an additional $400 on or not. It is part of our rules as well.

I am a fan of this rule as well!!!
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Trophy Club - 09/10/14 05:44 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: LVS

Re: Trophy Club - 09/21/14 05:41 PM

That is the dumbest rule i have ever heard. I could not shoot a world record unless I planned to shoulder mount him ? Yet a spike or button buck would be legal?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Trophy Club - 09/21/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: LVS
That is the dumbest rule i have ever heard. I could not shoot a world record unless I planned to shoulder mount him ? Yet a spike or button buck would be legal?

How is it dumb? You gonna spend $400 to mount a spike?

Besides, why wouldn't you shoot the world record?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Trophy Club - 09/21/14 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bloodtrail
Looking for 2 members. Over 6,000 acres close to Plantersville. 10 members total. All bucks must be shoulder mounted. Camper space available. Walk in cooler. Low pressure weekend type hunters, no drama queens allowed. $2,200

10 members x $2,200 each = $22,000

$22,000/6,000 = $3.67/acre!

That's quite a deal!

Re: Trophy Club - 09/22/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: LVS

I've been in a couple clubs with this rule and they were the best clubs I've been in. Not all clubs are the same, nor should they be. Find one that suits your style and be happy!

Trying to add 120" of antler, measure spread, or beam length of a buck with his nose down running through a cutover can be tricky. This takes the guess and scrutiny away, if you think he's cool, fire away.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Trophy Club - 09/22/14 09:56 PM

I like the rule....if it wasn't 3 hours away, I would be willing to try it out.

Re: Trophy Club - 09/22/14 10:45 PM

To clarify, I'm not shooting 120" deer at this place unless he's a cool 6pt. I'm looking for >130" as most of the other members are as well.
Posted By: James

Re: Trophy Club - 09/22/14 10:54 PM

I wanna tell u a quick funny story..My buddy does taxidermy work for a guy in a club with such a rule..Every time the guy kills something he brings one of his previous mounts & has my buddy swap the horns..I asked my buddy one time wtf is dude gonna say when someone from his club wants to see his mounts one day.. whistle grin
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Trophy Club - 09/23/14 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: bloodtrail

10 members x $2,200 each = $22,000

$22,000/6,000 = $3.67/acre!

That's quite a deal!

I was doing the math in my head too. If food plots/insurance are included that's another $5k minimum, that brings it to $2.83/acre. Hmmm.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Trophy Club - 09/23/14 08:44 AM

I'm pretty sure the president owns most of the land they hunt so that's probably the reason it's so cheap.
Posted By: Matt82

Re: Trophy Club - 09/24/14 09:13 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trophy Club - 09/28/14 11:47 AM

The place I hunt is highly managed and this is the rule. If it IS NOT a mountable buck..you DO NOT shoot it. great trophy managed hunting!
Posted By: Hanoverian

Re: Trophy Club - 09/29/14 01:07 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trophy Club - 09/29/14 07:09 PM

I wish I could find a place close to Tuscaloosa with similar rules. Good luck this season, I'm jealous!
Posted By: centralala

Re: Trophy Club - 09/29/14 08:14 PM

I own a small tract in Plantersville. Most would be surprised the number and size sheds I find on this property EVERY year. Population has really grown in this area also.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Trophy Club - 10/03/14 05:24 PM

we have almost the same rule where I hunt. 1100 acres 4 members
you can shoot 1 deer under 8 points and the 8 pointers have be a mountable deer. We used to shoot only 8 points or better but we are getting to many small bucks and have to take some out. That rule works, keeps people from shooting the smaller bucks and anything that walks. You have to have people that follow the rules to make it work but if you do you'd be supprised at the growth and in about 3 years you will have some good deer.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Trophy Club - 10/06/14 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: deerman24
you can shoot 1 deer under 8 points and the 8 pointers have be a mountable deer. We used to shoot only 8 points or better but we are getting to many small bucks and have to take some out. That rule works, keeps people from shooting the smaller bucks and anything that walks. You have to have people that follow the rules to make it work but if you do you'd be supprised at the growth and in about 3 years you will have some good deer.

Did i read this correctly? Your saying, that you have too many young bucks, so you are going to take some out? This is your plan to have good bucks? Wow! Talking about thinking outside the box.
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Trophy Club - 10/06/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: blumsden

Did i read this correctly? Your saying, that you have too many young bucks, so you are going to take some out? This is your plan to have good bucks? Wow! Talking about thinking outside the box.
Posted By: BOB

Re: Trophy Club - 10/08/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BatesConst
Originally Posted By: blumsden

????????????????????????????????
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Trophy Club - 10/08/14 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: centralala
I own a small tract in Plantersville. Most would be surprised the number and size sheds I find on this property EVERY year. Population has really grown in this area also.

Hell plantersville ain't but 50 miles from town if that
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: Trophy Club - 10/12/14 12:41 AM

KILL SMALL BUCKS TO GROW BIG ONES.. COME ONE PEOPLE THAT IS HOW ITS DONE NOW DAYS... I MEAN SERIOUSLY HOW DOES KILLING SMALL DEER GROW BIGGER ONES
© 2024 ALDEER.COM