Aldeer.com

Looking for Turkey lease

Posted By: woodhaven26

Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 11:46 AM

Looking for a turkey lease for 2015-....... Small or Large acreage. I (26 yr old female) will be the only person hunting the property. Property desired only in Pike, Crenshaw, Montgomery, or Lowndes counties. Will be willing to sublease from someone who has a lease, but only deer hunts it.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 12:50 PM

A 26 yo who turkey hunts by herself? Where were those like you 12 years ago? Good luck and welcome to the site
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
A 26 yo who turkey hunts by herself? Where were those like you 12 years ago? Good luck and welcome to the site

X2 on the above.
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: woodhaven26
Looking for a turkey lease for 2015-....... Small or Large acreage. I (26 yr old female) will be the only person hunting the property. Property desired only in Pike, Crenshaw, Montgomery, or Lowndes counties. Will be willing to sublease from someone who has a lease, but only deer hunts it.

I bet you get all kinds of pm's.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: doecommander

I bet you get all kinds of pm's.

Yep. They gonna be pissed when they find out it's a 70 year old man...like Troy.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/27/14 10:44 PM

25 YO old Male, who has plenty of property to share (with a 26 YO female) laugh

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 06:44 AM

I checked this morning... I am definitely a 26 year old female from Troy. I've been hunting turkeys for 20 years. I killed my first one at age six at 12 yards with a single shot New England 20 gauge 2 3/4. I hunt turkeys all over the south and Midwest..... just trying to find land around the house.. the large increase of Pulp hardwood a ton put Plum Creek clearcutting most of the hardwoods on my lease now. I fear the turkeys will be gone by spring. Yall guys let me know if yall hear anything around.

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 06:48 AM

Thank you. I hope 2015 is a successful year for everyone.

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 06:54 AM

I didn't ask for your input. Keep negative comments to yourself. I didnt post asking for a date. I posted for lease information. Thanks.
Posted By: 699

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 07:49 AM

JMO I believe the turkey hunting will be a little better with the clearcut.

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 08:33 AM

The property is 60% hardwoods. The rest is planted 5 year old pines. Once they clear cut the hardwoods they will not have anywhere to roost... and in my opinion... I been hunting turkeys 20 years... a clearcut's growth on it's second summer is so thick a person can't walk through it.... no turkey is going to hang around in head high pine trees with no where to roost. Thanks for the opinion though.
Posted By: 699

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 09:42 AM

More power to ya!! I been turkey hunting 30+ years and you would be surprised at where a turkey will roost.
Posted By: tenthlegionnaire

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 10:06 AM

Woodhaven26 if you have a sustained turkey population all you have to do is plant some chufa and triple threat clover plots and the turkey will roost on stumps if thats all they can find. my property was clear cut 3 years ago and had 3-5 year old pines and i could have killed my limit each year there if i chose too.If you want to go the leasing route i suggest going to the local co-ops and asking around for leases cause any that comes avaliable on here will be snatched up quickly if there priced right after everybody cutthroats everybody of course.

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 10:21 AM

I feed them until a month before season. I feel like I can hold a few. As long as I can hold the hens that's all that matters! Ha! I feel the same way as you do about the leasing. Good, honest folks just can't catch a break anymore, or like most leases, it's paper company land where they come in without any notice and just start cutting. I guess it's the price to play the game. Beggars can't be choosers.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Looking for Turkey lease - 08/28/14 11:43 AM

I didn't ask for your input. Keep negative comments to yourself. I didnt post asking for a date. I posted for lease information. Thanks.

Lmao. People around here just joke around, no need to be getting serious.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM