Aldeer.com

looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county.

Posted By: lukeparker22

looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/13/14 06:27 PM

I would love to be part of at least a qdm club. I am a very responsible hunter. I could be a great asset if needed. I have a bobcat, plenty of chainsaws and carpentry tools, lots of building materials for stands and shooting houses. I want somewhere I can put time into and have a rewarding experience for a long time. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: shooters

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/13/14 06:45 PM

Price range?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/13/14 07:52 PM

up to 1200-1400. maybe a little more for the right club.
Posted By: glenncmp

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/14/14 04:11 PM

Luke if you find one let me know. I've been kicking around that area for the last 2 years with no real luck
Posted By: TexCarter

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/14/14 04:25 PM

We have openings in I 20 hunting club at exit 205 in Cleburne County just 15 miles from Oxford in Calhoun County. We take 3 and a half year bucks and older on 850 acres. You can call me for more details at 256-591-0399.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/14/14 09:01 PM

yeah, i know the feeling been trying for years myself, but can't give up. Thanks Tex but that one is too far for me.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/14/14 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: lukeparker22
yeah, i know the feeling been trying for years myself, but can't give up. Thanks Tex but that one is too far for me.

dang, 10 miles ruined it for you?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 02:42 PM

That is the ranburne exit if I not mistaken. I am in a club 1:15 minutes away from my house and that is about the same distance for me. Looking for something closer for a second club
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 03:11 PM

10-4 have you looked at majestic in st.clair county? a couple of people on here are members, i think its 1000 per year and 750 is tax deductible, they have the old st.clair wma and some land they already had. supposed to be a good club with lots of land with a good management plan and some good deer. alot of their clubs activities are focused around children.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 03:34 PM

Mountain Oaks Hunting club in Ragland ,Alabama. 7000 acres HUGE greenfeilds, 28 guys total membership. They kill several 140s every year. 2350 dollars per man. thumbup
Posted By: desertdog

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: shooters
Mountain Oaks Hunting club in Ragland ,Alabama. 7000 acres HUGE greenfeilds, 28 guys total membership. They kill several 140s every year. 2350 dollars per man. thumbup

I saw that club on one of the Facebook sites where people post clubs but it didn't have a price. I see why now.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 03:59 PM

Its a great club! I chased a 150 inch 8 point and a multi point that was in the 160s all year long there, when I was In the club their.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 04:44 PM

I built that property from the ground up along with another member on here. It is some of the best hunting in this state. I just don't know how the club is handled, the guys that run it are good people though.

I can tell you I have personally seen several deer over 140, one over 160 and countless P&Y deer on that place. It is some tough hunting though.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 09:37 PM

What Nighthunter said. I miss our little project. I don't miss the blood, sweat, and tears we left behind.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
What Nighthunter said. I miss our little project. I don't miss the blood, sweat, and tears we left behind.

How did you lose the lease? Did someone with deeper pockets scoop it up after you built it up?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/15/14 10:19 PM

We were with the company that owned it. We designed the property from the ground up to be a commercial hunting operation. It is set up and laid out right.

The club got lucky to walk into what we built when we decided to lease it. If they keep it up like we did (food plot wise) there is no place better north of B-ham maybe in the state.

The deer are there and they are committed to shooting mature deer, so keeping them eating good is very important.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/16/14 08:41 AM

I wish I could afford mountain oaks sounds like a great club. Anytime know what the hunter to acreate ratio is at majestic?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/16/14 05:51 PM

couple of years ago it was 90 people or so on 13000 acres. PM Majistic on here or call the number on Majistic Outdoors and see. My quess would be 100 people on 13000 acres?
Posted By: glenncmp

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/16/14 07:29 PM

That's a good ratio. I've been meaning to get back out there and check it out some more myself. I liked everything I saw around the camp area and the folks were enjyable. I think me and the wife spent about an hour just chatting with them about rules and hunting. I need to get alook around the proerty though.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/17/14 07:54 PM

Yeah that is not bad at all. I like at least 100:1
Posted By: jchan

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/18/14 08:32 PM

Where is the Mountain Oaks club located in Ragland?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/18/14 08:46 PM

Anyone know what mountain oaks guest rules are?

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/18/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jchan

Off of Co. Rd. 26

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/18/14 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: lukeparker22
Anyone know what mountain oaks guest rules are?

They used to have to pay like $25 a day not sure the limit but you had to hunt the same general area too I believe.

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/18/14 10:11 PM

That's Fair
Posted By: jchan

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/19/14 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter

Off of Co. Rd. 26

I gotcha. Everybody knows there aint no big bucks on Beaver Mountain!!! wink

Re: looking for a hunting club around Etowah, Calhoun, and or St, Clair county. - 07/19/14 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter

Off of Co. Rd. 26

I gotcha. Everybody knows there aint no big bucks on Beaver Mountain!!! wink
One mountain over, from beaver mountain!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM