Aldeer.com

Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings

Posted By: BigGuy1

Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/11/14 12:05 PM

Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ 2 openings. 1400 acres w/ deer, turkey and hogs.
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/11/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BigGuy1
Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ 2 openings. 1400 acres w/ deer, turkey and hogs.

Where and what is the name of the club. How much $$?.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/12/14 08:51 AM

12 members. 1400 acres. do not want more than 1 member per 100 acres. No Local members. $ 1200.00 / yr. includes camp site. We have a camp house w/ den, kitchen & showers but you need a camper for sleeping. 6 point or bigger but we do not shoot basket racks. Avg. 8 point is 180 - 210 lbs. Name is "Turkey Creek Hunting Club". e-mail me at gtarlton@gulftel if interested.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/12/14 10:17 PM

TC and the other Josh need this...
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/12/14 10:21 PM

Yeah I thought about it and haven't convinced myself to go the club route yet
Posted By: globe

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 02:41 PM

No local members? Why? Am I missing something?
Posted By: CAM

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 02:44 PM

Probably don't want members that can/will hunt every day.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: globe

Discrimination. And some people wonder why the 'locals' don't want the 'travelers' in their home town.
Posted By: globe

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 04:13 PM

I would want someone close to keep an eye on the place if it were me. I've heard of "locals only", but never "no locals only".
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 08:24 PM

I'm a member and the pressure is low on the property. It's makes for good hunting for all of the members. The camp is separate from the club land too. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It will be my first year to deer hunt the property, but from what I've seen the deer are there. If you're looking for a club with no drama you ought to consider this one. Just saying.
Posted By: jpippin

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 09:02 PM

What is hard to figure out? Most camps want as little pressure as possible and it is usually the local folks who hunt every day all season. I wish my camp had that rule.
Posted By: James

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/16/14 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: CAM
Probably don't want members that can/will hunt every day.

^^^^This

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 10:16 AM

I have never heard of a club that limits the number of time you can spend on the property. A typical hunting lease in Alabama is unlimited hunting privileges for a full one year term. I suppose the clubs can make their own rules but being a former 'local' it has never sat well with me that some clubs like to black ball them.

I'll get off my rant and good luck to your search. This is in a great area.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 01:04 PM

There are lots of clubs that are against locals. For several different reasons. Main one being that locals more times than not hunt literally every day. Most working Joe's from out of town cant do this. I know alot of that is just jealousy but if you can control it I am for it.
Posted By: Buckmounted

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: globe
Have you ever been to Thomasville? You might understand if you did

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 08:25 PM

Sorry you're offended Rebelman. Us preferring not to allow locals shouldn't be a big deal. Get with me one weekend and I'll be more than happy to take you hunting there.
Posted By: fernman

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 08:42 PM

Is this club land off clay hill rd

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 08:45 PM

no fernman.
Posted By: fernman

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 08:50 PM

I hunt on turkey creek north of thomasville 5 miles i lease 900 ac myself and though it might be close or next to me

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BamaGrad85
no fernman.
Where abouts is this? I've heard of furman in wilcox, but no fernman just curious..

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 09:55 PM

Look at name of previous post. I was answering his question.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/17/14 11:06 PM

lol I gotcha slap thumbup
Posted By: Dmoore

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 06/22/14 07:44 PM

Is there still spots open for this season I would like to inquire about one

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 07/15/14 11:31 AM

We still have one opening left. We are seeking one member for the 2014-2015 season.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 07/30/14 08:32 AM

We still have an opening for 2014 - 2105 season if any interest.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 07/31/14 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: jpippin
What is hard to figure out? Most camps want as little pressure as possible and it is usually the local folks who hunt every day all season. I wish my camp had that rule.

I understand the idea, but how do locals have so much more time off than anyone else. "Locals hunt every day all season". I'm a "local" at my club, being about 30 minutes away but I don't get to hunt nearly as much as the retired members who live three hours away. The guys who have time to travel several hours to hunt and stay for days at a time would put a lot more pressure than the local guy hunting on the weekends. Also, I drive down to hunt for a half day or full day and come home. I go hunt and come home. The guys who stay 3-4 days at a time, have too much free time between hunts to check cameras, scout and disturb the property during the season.

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 07/31/14 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bwhunter
Originally Posted By: jpippin

I understand the idea, but how do locals have so much more time off than anyone else. "Locals hunt every day all season". I'm a "local" at my club, being about 30 minutes away but I don't get to hunt nearly as much as the retired members who live three hours away. The guys who have time to travel several hours to hunt and stay for days at a time would put a lot more pressure than the local guy hunting on the weekends. Also, I drive down to hunt for a half day or full day and come home. I go hunt and come home. The guys who stay 3-4 days at a time, have too much free time between hunts to check cameras, scout and disturb the property during the season.

Be careful making that statement I got biotcjed at for making that comment not long ago. I live 15 min from my club and hunt a lot less than most of the out of towners and a ton less than the retired folks.

Re: Hunting Club in Thomasville w/ two openings - 07/31/14 09:28 PM

That is not the case in most clubs though. Locals in my club hunt 3-5 days per week while most out of owners are limited to weekends. Locals are generally way worse as far as man hours in the woods.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM