Aldeer.com

Properties have been added to Rayonier's site!

Posted By: Rebelman

Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 07:43 AM

www.rayonierhunting.com

There are some good ones opening up. Better look fast.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 08:21 AM

Rebelman, what's the policy on having campers on the leased land?

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 08:46 AM

Primitive cvamps only. No running water or power, generators ok.
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 09:40 AM

274 ac. in Tuscaloosa Co. I have a place to hunt but wouldn't mind having new ground to hunt. Any one like to split lease 3 ways?
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 11:31 AM

I think you should cut me a super deal on the 500 acres in Escambia county. Like half price smile
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 02:17 PM

Im in Cherokee County, to far for me...
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/14/14 07:52 PM

^^^ 10-12$ is a steal, check out the other sights
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/15/14 07:36 AM

They can get $10-12 in Lowndes because it's good hunting and close to Montgomery.

They can get similar $ in Escambia and Covington due to its proximity to Mobile and Pensacola.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/15/14 01:08 PM

Reb,
You have a PM

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/15/14 01:24 PM

Didn't get it, abolt300.
Posted By: hosscat

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/15/14 03:09 PM

I wish those tracts in Tuscaloosa county were in Pike county, I jump all over a 40 acre spot for that money.

Just to allow me to spread out my hunting pressure.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/15/14 10:03 PM

another PM sent
Posted By: James

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/16/14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Rebelman
Didn't get it, abolt300.
I sent you one too...
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/16/14 01:13 PM

Reb, I sent the pm again. Thanks for the follow-up I have no idea why you didnt get it the first time.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/16/14 09:02 PM

H
Posted By: bigt

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/17/14 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: RobertD
They can get $10-12 in Lowndes because it's good hunting and close to Montgomery.

They can get similar $ in Escambia and Covington due to its proximity to Mobile and Pensacola.

The Escambia leases are only around $8 an acre which is not bad for the area....
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/19/14 07:05 AM

That Crenshaw County tract is in a great location, I've seen some good deer through that area.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 05/19/14 05:00 PM

Dang! Rayonier is proud of what they have. I've seen a few small tracks and they weren't worth $10 an acre. I'll keep looking.
Posted By: Bowkeeper1

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 02:45 PM

Sent PM

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 03:45 PM

Returned
Posted By: Pilgrim

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 06:27 PM

Don't forget guys. Not only do they charge premo price for land, you also pay them to put greenfields in.
Posted By: Bowkeeper1

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 07:35 PM

no pm received yet...maybe try again Rebelman

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
Don't forget guys. Not only do they charge premo price for land, you also pay them to put greenfields in.

That is not entirely true. Please reread the food plot program. Rayonier put in this program to allow hunters to push food plots in areas where they are growing or plan to grow pine trees. They do charge a nominal fee to offset the value from growing timber in those areas. Logging decks, roads, power lines, utility lines, etc have no charge.

For those of you that complain about the rates please understand it is what the market brings. We have been 100% leased for the last 4-5 years. As a hunter, I don't like lease rates increasing Anymore than you do.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/05/14 09:56 PM

I'm not complaining Rebelman. I'm just stating that, $135.00 fee for planting food plots is what you have to pay unless it's in areas other than what you stated. And that is an added cost in addition to your lease price.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/06/14 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
I'm not complaining Rebelman. I'm just stating that, $135.00 fee for planting food plots is what you have to pay unless it's in areas other than what you stated. And that is an added cost in addition to your lease price.

Again, that isn't entirely correct. It is $85/acre for clearing an area in a recent clear cut. $135/ acre is only if you clear established pine trees.

I can name a half dozen companies that do not allow hunters to create food plots. Rayonier developed this program to benefit hunters.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/06/14 01:16 PM

It is worth it if you have 10 fields that are a 1/4 acre or less on a thousand acres. It's hard to have good fields with very small plots. I'd rather pay to have a little bigger fields to hold more deer.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/06/14 02:47 PM

Is that $85/$135 per acre per year?? I spend around $200 per acre for sight prep and planting pine. My return has been around $2400 over all cuttings in a 25 year rotation(clear cuts in the last year or two). I would NOT take $135 on any of my property if it has already been planted. In my opinion speculating timber prices in 25 years, land for timber production $$$ for the land owner, the land/timber owner is losing. The lessor needs to be thankful, its a good deal
Posted By: 699

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/09/14 03:25 PM

Rebelman what is the cost to plant between the trees after thinning and skidder trails

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/09/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 699
Rebelman what is the cost to plant between the trees after thinning and skidder trails

No charge.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/09/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: centralala
Is that $85/$135 per acre per year?? I spend around $200 per acre for sight prep and planting pine. My return has been around $2400 over all cuttings in a 25 year rotation(clear cuts in the last year or two). I would NOT take $135 on any of my property if it has already been planted. In my opinion speculating timber prices in 25 years, land for timber production $$$ for the land owner, the land/timber owner is losing. The lessor needs to be thankful, its a good deal

Wow, someone that gets it. That's a first, it is rare that somebody understands how a business works thumbup

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/10/14 11:21 AM

I think a lot of hunters are very educated now and know how a business works. Let's say according to what has been stated so far, I lease a property for 25 years? I pay $135 to plant a food plot to replace the cost of the pines for those 25 years. That comes out to be $3,375. According to the facts given, that comes out to be a $975 profit for the company or the person you are managing the property for. Of course we as lessors are thankful that companies allow us to lease their property!!! Otherwise, the majority of hunters would be stuck hunting on public land or not at all. Not that there's anything wrong with that other than more hunters. I am in no way trying to bash any company for trying to make a profit. If they fail to make profit, then no business equals no land to hunt. We lease land from timber companies and are happy with our properties. And so far we have been lucky and thanful that there are no fees for food plots and the lease is priced fair. I personally have leased land from Rayonier. They have a very professional staff. They are very helpful and work with the lessor!!! And We would consider leasing land from them again. So I understand.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/10/14 12:02 PM

2014 - $2400

2039 - $3375

This is making speculation on timber prices, inflation, etc. Timber is like buying stock, gambling on speculation. Just not as liquid in early years. Rayonier, who I have never had any dealings with, appears to me to be trying to just break even accommodating the hunters and wildlife. I believe wildlife management and timber production can and should co-exist. Land owners just differ in how much $$$ they are willing to sacrifice. Same as the hunters.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/10/14 01:59 PM

We have majorly highjacked Rebelmans thread and for that I apologize. I am a non-deer hunting land owner who comes to sites like this to further educate me and get others ideas at no cost. I am pro wildlife and pro hunting even though the number one problem I have had through the years has been deer hunters. But I know they are not all bad and just handle those few individuals. I understand a lot of you individuals are spending your hard earned money to pursue the sport you love. I was just trying to explain the other side and from what I see, Rayonier is being generous. Now, lets let Rebelman get back to offering opportunities for wildlife and nature while still doing timber management. Sorry Rebelman.

Re: Properties have been added to Rayonier's site! - 07/10/14 02:09 PM

That's why I didn't want anybody to think I was bashing anybody. It is extremely important that we maintain a relationship with each other. It's just with the downward economy, getting members to pay big bucks to maintain leases is getting harder. Just like timber business expenses, hunting clubs feel the same pressures. Price of seed, fertilizer, and fuel have doubled. Thus, making establishing and maintaining food plots more expensive. I agree also that the business is a lot different from past. It's a lot tougher I know to make much as money. Guess that's where we are at this point? I'm not thinking it will get any cheaper lol.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM